ESCAPE Cat MC - Above Waterfront question

kokopelli-az

I am looking at a Sept 30 2017 booking of a "Category MC Mid-ship Mini Suite with Balcony" on the Escape (Deck 10 or 11). The description also says "Enjoy a great mid-ship location just a few decks above The Waterfront."

So does this mean this is a good location or not? The fact that they say it is above The Waterfront makes me wonder why it is mentioned.

I am torn between the Category MC Mid-ship Mini Suite with Balcony and the Category MD Mid-ship Mini Suite with Balcony (Deck 12 or 13)(the MD category is more expensive and says nothing about being above The Waterfront).

Can anyone shed any light on the differences/advantages between these two categories?

One of the cabins I did NOT like at all when my dh and I were walking on the waterfront were the cabins right above the waterfront and right when it ends. For instance, we were walking on the waterfront and then had to go inside since it stopped. When it stopped, there were balcony cabins right there. IMO, they were awful and not sure why anyone would book them except if they were the last ones available on the ship.

We LOVED midship deck 10 (10230). Easy access to both elevator banks. Easy stair access to 6-7-8 (brew house on 8). Your view directly down to the water may be hindered by lifeboats, but I thought it offered beautiful contrast (I'm a glass half full / order another kind of guy).

f8e4e357179974d353003dda374f71b7.jpg

You can see the overhang from waterfront below...

8a7e2c53a3c8a785500e47735440ede0.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut

We LOVED midship deck 10 (10230). Easy access to both elevator banks. Easy stair access to 6-7-8 (brew house on 8). Your view directly down to the water may be hindered by lifeboats, but I thought it offered beautiful contrast (I'm a glass half full / order another kind of guy).

f8e4e357179974d353003dda374f71b7.jpg

You can see the overhang from waterfront below...

8a7e2c53a3c8a785500e47735440ede0.jpg

I'm so glad you posted this! I had forgotten where your balcony was from your review. My family will be in 9294 and 9296 and I was a bit worried about the view. Thanks!

One of the cabins I did NOT like at all when my dh and I were walking on the waterfront were the cabins right above the waterfront and right when it ends. For instance, we were walking on the waterfront and then had to go inside since it stopped. When it stopped, there were balcony cabins right there. IMO, they were awful and not sure why anyone would book them except if they were the last ones available on the ship.

That would be the case on the GA or BA, but on Escape, the waterfront doesn't stop at cabins. It stops at either The District or Food Republic.

That would be the case on the GA or BA, but on Escape, the waterfront doesn't stop at cabins. It stops at either The District or Food Republic.

Thank you for this information. I was not aware it is different on the Escape. Can't wait to see it in person in July!!!

I'm so glad you posted this! I had forgotten where your balcony was from your review. My family will be in 9294 and 9296 and I was a bit worried about the view. Thanks!

While I'm slightly embarrassed to demonstrate how OCD I am, here's a mapped out depiction of our room locations that I did leading up to the cruise. I share it because it demonstrates the deck 10 location compared to waterfront & lifeboats...

2f6cfbd4b4343ab28eca17f5461acf3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

While I'm slightly embarrassed to demonstrate how OCD I am, here's a mapped out depiction of our room locations that I did leading up to the cruise. I share it because it demonstrates the deck 10 location compared to waterfront & lifeboats...

2f6cfbd4b4343ab28eca17f5461acf3a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

DO NOT be embarrassed. Most of us here are OCD Planners. For my, you're my hero!

LOVE IT!