Just off of Enchantment of the Seas

Just returned from a 3 day cruise on Enchantment of the Seas. Luckily we avoided Hurricane Matthew, had pretty good weather and a LOT of fun. We really liked the ship and will sail it again next year without hesitation. However, there were a couple of issues, but they did not interfere with us having a GREAT time.

The staff was exceptional. We especially loved a couple of bartenders: Brian Alexander (Dr. Brian) and Gordon Duport. They were at the Schooner Bar and at Coco Cay. They learned my name the first night and yelled it out any time I walked by them. They were very entertaining.

Our waiter in the main dining room (late seating), Dwight and his assistant, Camille were great!!! We had such wonderful service and it really made for a great dining room experience.

Like I said, we had a fantastic trip, but there were a few things I hope they work on for our next time on Enchantment:

When we got on the ship, both of the main pools were closed. I have never seen that before. After about an hour, and it was hot, they opened one, but the second one was not opened until much later. Then throughout the cruise one would be closed forcing everyone to just crowd into the one that was open. One day we finally asked why one was closed and was just told that it did not open until 3:00. I totally do not understand this policy.

On the 2nd day, in Coco Cay, it rained some so a lot of people went back to the ship early. Many were still around the pools because it was hot and was just drizzling on and off. We went to the Solarium Pool and it was overrun by young kids. When I asked why children were allowed in the "Adult Only" pool the attendant said they were allowed in there when the weather was bad. (I never heard that before.)

Lastly, the women's restroom outside the main dining room on deck 4 was disgusting. Only 3 of many stalls were operating and evidently throughout the night no one came into it to clean it. I have always seen staff members on other cruises constantly cleaning the restrooms that were used frequently by many people. Unfortunately, a lot of people in our group were not impressed with this!

Other than that, we had a great time with great friends. I just hope that RCI is not cutting back on their help. Pools need to be open, rules need to be enforced and bathrooms need to be cleaned!

Just returned from a 3 day cruise on Enchantment of the Seas. Luckily we avoided Hurricane Matthew, had pretty good weather and a LOT of fun. We really liked the ship and will sail it again next year without hesitation. However, there were a couple of issues, but they did not interfere with us having a GREAT time.

The staff was exceptional. We especially loved a couple of bartenders: Brian Alexander (Dr. Brian) and Gordon Duport. They were at the Schooner Bar and at Coco Cay. They learned my name the first night and yelled it out any time I walked by them. They were very entertaining.

Our waiter in the main dining room (late seating), Dwight and his assistant, Camille were great!!! We had such wonderful service and it really made for a great dining room experience.

Like I said, we had a fantastic trip, but there were a few things I hope they work on for our next time on Enchantment:

When we got on the ship, both of the main pools were closed. I have never seen that before. After about an hour, and it was hot, they opened one, but the second one was not opened until much later. Then throughout the cruise one would be closed forcing everyone to just crowd into the one that was open. One day we finally asked why one was closed and was just told that it did not open until 3:00. I totally do not understand this policy.

On the 2nd day, in Coco Cay, it rained some so a lot of people went back to the ship early. Many were still around the pools because it was hot and was just drizzling on and off. We went to the Solarium Pool and it was overrun by young kids. When I asked why children were allowed in the "Adult Only" pool the attendant said they were allowed in there when the weather was bad. (I never heard that before.)

Lastly, the women's restroom outside the main dining room on deck 4 was disgusting. Only 3 of many stalls were operating and evidently throughout the night no one came into it to clean it. I have always seen staff members on other cruises constantly cleaning the restrooms that were used frequently by many people. Unfortunately, a lot of people in our group were not impressed with this!

Other than that, we had a great time with great friends. I just hope that RCI is not cutting back on their help. Pools need to be open, rules need to be enforced and bathrooms need to be cleaned!

Yes, it's long standing policy that they can open the solarium pool to kids when weather is bad.

Did you discuss the bathroom issue the Hotel Director on board? I would have taken the problem directly to the Hotel Director. They need to know about it and directly from a cruiser.

I have been on Enchantment many times (it has been a while since my last one though) and haven't ever seen pools closed until 3pm each day... perhaps maintenance or something.

Yes - ships with indoor solariums do have times they let kids in when it is raining, and also especially on colder itineraries (incase you do Alaska or New England).

I was on the 9/12 sailing. I completely agree that the staff/service was really great for us too. Perhaps even the best we have ever had.

The pools were definitely open upon embarkation on the first day. I do remember the one of the pools being closed until about 3pm one afternoon. Maybe Nassau day? After that day we seemed to stick to the Solarium so I could not tell you if it was daily.

On a cruise in April between Hawaii and the West coast, the weather was terrible (cold and windy) and the seas were rough. They opened the Solarium to the kids on those days. The pools had "Waves" splashing over onto the pool deck because the sea was so rough. There weren't any adults interested in getting into the pools at that point. The kids seemed to enjoy the "waves."

We must have passed each other as we got off when you were coming on...

My only question, if you know.... Did they have Bloody Mary mix? On our 4 day cruise, only one bar had mix the first day but also ran out. We did have someone make us some mix in the lounge out of tomato juice, good but just not the same.....

Did you try to Floating Bar on Coco.... we loved it and going back, and back

Edited by troykahack

My travel companion was hobbling so we did not make so far as the Swim up bar. I am returning in February and want to check it out then. Is it deep water?

The only thing that I know was consistently out all day and every day was diet coke in the machines. My friend was really annoyed by this.

Not sure about bloody mary mix, but they had plenty of beer and red wine! We were going to go to the swim up bar at Coco Cay, but it started raining and ended up leaving early. I thought that was a really neat addition to the island.

• 3 months later...

A quote from Royal Caribbean about the Solarium policy: "During inclement weather and select hours, the ship may permit the Solarium pool to be used by guests under age 16 provided they are directly supervised by a parent or guardian."

You indicated that it rained and a lot of people went back to the ship early. That explains why children were using the Solarium that day.