Deluxe Drink Package Legends of the Seas Australia

Hi everyone. I have been on several RCI cruises in the past, but not for some time. I have just booked for new years cruise leaving the 30th December 2016 and noticed they now offer drinks packages. I have had a search and there are lot of reviews of the drinks packages USA based but not so much Australia based. Just wondering if anyone has purchased and used these drink packages-particulary the deluxe package? Also wondering if there are any limits to how many drinks you can order in certain time frames? What are the current prices for alcoholic beverages? It is also says that gratuity may be added to or included in the published price depending on itinerary. So just wondering if we would have to pay the gratuity for every drink that we got under the drinks package or if it is included.

There are no limits or time restrictions on the drink packages. The gratuity is added at the time you purchase the package, and no more gratuity is added or needed when you order drinks.

So you will pay 18% gratuity on the $66 Australian Dollars per day package? Does anyone know the current alcohol beverage prices?

Fancy cocktails are around $12. Beers around $6 to $8. Wine starts at $7 per glass.

Fancy cocktails are around $12. Beers around $6 to $8. Wine starts at $7 per glass.

And those prices quoted by Bob are in USD. So compare against a USD equivalent cost for the Deluxe package of about $50 per day (including the 18% gratuity). Also, wine may start at $7, but we tend to enjoy the $10-12 wines more.

Yea my family still lives in the united states and go on royal frequently and they pay like 50 bucks for their drink packages, but it is just a bit confusing now that I live in Australia and am taking a US based company fleet where everything is in USD, but then I am paying AUD. The deluxe drinks package is $66 AUD and some change and includes up to $12 drinks-but given the change the price of the package to equivalent AUD does that mean the drink prices would be made equivalent as well-meaning it would exclude more drinks? Or is it-i pay for the package in AUD and thats that-and the prices don't change.

http://www.******************.com/royal-caribbean-drink-prices

I have used this website and seems pretty updates on drink prices.

And I keep hearing different things about whether the package includes the gratuities-people are either no or yes!

... And I keep hearing different things about whether the package includes the gratuities-people are either no or yes!

The package price either already includes gratuities or the 18% gratuity will be added at the time you purchase the package. In either case, no gratuity will be added at the time you order drinks.

You should be able to use your Cruise Planner to get the total price.

Generally ex AUS, the prices on board are adjusted to include gratuities. The USD$12 cocktail, or wine, is priced at USD$14, and the package limits are adjusted accordingly.

In our experience, with the packages (the old premium/ultimate packages, but the new deluxe is equivalent it seems) you won't pay for most beers, moderately priced wines, and most cocktails/spirits (whether basic spirits or mid range - e.g. Grey Goose Vodka, JW Black/Gold). It's only when the wine gets above $USD14, or for top shelf spirits, that you have to pay a difference.