Clarification of Cruise Planner

As long as you have your reservation number you can use the cruise planner- it is online information and reservations. If you want to change something (say like you want to move your room, or such) and you call RCL, they won't be able to talk with you and will send you back to your TA.

I'm pretty sure you can still use the cruise planner to book your onboard drink packages, excursions, etc...

In 2011 that was the case but i'm not sure if the "cruise planner" was the tool i used. My cruise was booked through a TA and I was still able to go online and do my own excursions and drink package pre-purchase. I actually never talked to my TA again after I made my final payment for the cruise. All the documents arrived in the mail and I didn't need them anymore. :)

As long as you have your reservation number you can use the cruise planner- it is online information and reservations. If you want to change something (say like you want to move your room, or such) and you call RCL, they won't be able to talk with you and will send you back to your TA.

We generally book online or with Next Cruise. We then turn our reservation over to our TA...

So, I should be able to reserve the Comedy Show on our upcoming cruise 42 days out.. Online, it is there, but will not let you book. The other entertainment we have reserved seats as we stay in a Suite.

Thanks

Even if you book direct, not everything is there at an exact time to book.

But yes, you can use the planner to book things even when you used a TA. It's just a matter of IF that ship is allowing things to be booked and IF the website isn't wonky that month.

Even if you book direct, not everything is there at an exact time to book.

But yes, you can use the planner to book things even when you used a TA. It's just a matter of IF that ship is allowing things to be booked and IF the website isn't wonky that month.

First, yes, you can and should use your cruise planner, it makes things go more smoothly if you have reservations.

Interesting word, Molly, wonky!! I've been having trouble getting into my Planner ever since we booked. I've called and was told a different way to access it, but that rarely works as well. It's definetly Wonky for me!!:)

Is it only possible to book the Comedy show in advance on Oasis class? So Serenade we must book when we board?

There are no show reservations on Serenade, either pre-cruise or onboard.