Authorization Form

Tminish

Hello.

I am taking my nephew on a cruise for his graduation present that leaves October 15th. (He graduated in May) He is 19 so having a permission form is not needed. However, he will be using his mother and fathers credit card which they have put on file for him. Someone has told me to print out an "Authorization Form" that can be found in the "General Forms" on my check in. So, I go and there's no authorization form there. There's 6 pages that consist of:

Important Public Health Screening

Health Questionnaire

Booking Summary

Invoice

Purchased Services

Important Information

But no Authorization form...How can I get this?

Are you referring to him using that card for his onboard expenses (sail and sign)?

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1138/kw/sail%20and%20sign

Yes. I found this on Carnivals website:

Use of a Credit Card by a Third Party

We accept credit cards belonging to a non-sailing individual. During the online check-in process, an authorization form is provided for guests who will be using a credit card belonging to an individual who is not on the cruise. This form will need to be filled out and printed. At embarkation, the guest will need to present:

The completed 'Letter of Authorization for Use of a Credit Card by Third Party/Guest' - the signature on the letter of authorization must match the signature on the back of the credit card.

A legible copy of the non-sailing individual's credit card with signature (both sides, front and back). It is not required for the guest to carry the physical credit card with them onboard.

A legible copy of the non-sailing individual's government issued photo ID with signature (example: Driver's License)

But I can't find the "Authorization form" they are speaking of

Did you complete online check-in? Specifically the "onboard expenses" section for your nephew? That is where you would have entered his parents' CC information, and the process would have prompted an authorization form.

Did you complete online check-in? Specifically the "onboard expenses" section for your nephew? That is where you would have entered his parents' CC information, and the process would have prompted an authorization form.

Yes, we sat down and did it together but it never prompted an Authorization Form. I am not sure why though. So his parents card information is on file..Just no authorization form.

Yes, we sat down and did it together but it never prompted an Authorization Form. I am not sure why though. So his parents card information is on file..Just no authorization form.

It should show up under the "Print General Forms" option under My Cruise Documents. On mine, it shows as the last page of the entire pdf document - along with that completed form, you will also need to bring the a copy of the front and back of the cardholder's ID (ie, driver's license) as well as a front and back copy of the actual credit card.

If you don't have it, I would call Carnival customer service and ask them to email you a copy of the form. The official name of it is "Letter of Authorization for Use of Credit Card by Third Party/Guest"

A little off subject here, but does anyone know if you still have to present the health form like we did back during the Ebola scare?

It will be with the documents you print for your boarding pass, luggage tags, etc. You can fill it out and take it with you.