Broome - transport

We are on the Sun Princess, stopping in at Broome. Arrival time is 12 midday. Departure is 10 pm.

Was looking at taking in the sunset at Cable Beach, and then maybe a bite to eat there somewhere. But was wondering about transport back from Cable Beach? The local buses don't run after 6pm going by their timetables. Does the Princess shuttle only go from Port to City? Or will it cover Cable Beach too? Or would the only transport option be taxi at 8 - 8:30 pm time? And how difficult would that be anyways, trying to even get a taxi at that time, what with other passengers also trying to get back?

Any insight appreciated.

When we were there last year the ship's shuttle only went to the pub in town. The local bus service was very good, but our cruise left much earlier than yours. It also left at a different time to what Princess said in the itinerary, so watch out for that. I think it was a very late call to change departure by Princess too.

Princess may have a sunset trip available for sale. That would be more reliable maybe.

Steve.

When we were there last year the ship's shuttle only went to the pub in town. The local bus service was very good, but our cruise left much earlier than yours. It also left at a different time to what Princess said in the itinerary, so watch out for that. I think it was a very late call to change departure by Princess too.

Princess may have a sunset trip available for sale. That would be more reliable maybe.

Steve.

Thanks for info. Princess don't have any excursions to Cable Beach for sunset other than the camel sunset ride. Was not interested in camel rides (crossed that off bucket list long time ago) and is booked out anyway.

We will see what happens. I know we would play it safe and not risk getting back on time so if there is question about transport back, will just miss sunset.

Check out the tourist site for Broome. Often there will be local tour operators and Or taxi companies that are out could contact for advice. Check out roll call, there may be others who would join you in a taxi to split costs. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

• 5 months later...

HI there,My friend and I are also on Sun Princess summer sailing of Australia and would ;love to go to Cable beach. It is an odd time our ship is there, so it sounds like a TAXI might be the best bet...although I have not researched those options yet. It is good to know that there is at least a shuttle into town....

Valerie (and Jeaneen)

This is just a guess but with a cruise ship in town the local bus company may put on extra evening services between Cable Beach and the township where the shuttle buses go.

Zanders at Cable Beach has nice food and overlooks the beach.

• 3 weeks later...
This is just a guess but with a cruise ship in town the local bus company may put on extra evening services between Cable Beach and the township where the shuttle buses go.

Zanders at Cable Beach has nice food and overlooks the beach.

When I was there in January on Sun Princess the ship provided a free bus to town that also stopped at cable beach. You could return to the ship from either location. Very convenient and free!

When I was there in January on Sun Princess the ship provided a free bus to town that also stopped at cable beach. You could return to the ship from either location. Very convenient and free!

That's fantastic. When we were there, August 2015, they only ran the shuttle to town which was disappointing. We would have liked to have stayed at Cable Beach for sunset but, without a guaranteed shuttle to the ship from there, the timing would have been too tight. Ah well, next time maybe. I'd like to do the Top End cruise again someday.