Hurricane

MartiniBarhooked

I saw that, too! Along with all their other (frequent) website glitches why don't they scrap it, along with the people who are not capable of managing it, and get something effective in place?

On another note, when I made a payment on my upcoming cruise about a month ago, my online account showed that I actually owed more than before I made the payment. I received two emails shortly after and both had different remaining balances-also incorrect. Knowing how celebrity's website operates, I just waited a few days. It got corrected, but this should be automated and I shouldn't have three different incorrect totals.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That person may have evacuated. Matthew did hit Miami, where corporate is located.

They should have a Continuity of Operations Plan in place so that the business remains operational even if the main headquarters is evacuated.

Since I live in a place affected by this hurricane - and always drive to port when we cruise - I have been very interested in how Cruise lines are handling the shut down of ports and evacuation of residents as per upcoming cruises. For example - even if the port of Miami reopens today, I would not be able to travel there due to all major roads being set up for evacuees only and not accessible for travel towards any evacuated area. Plus - there are no hotels available within 200 miles of where I live (S.E. Georgia) - and I imagine all of Florida.

I've been checking Celebrity, RCCL, and Carnival websites, and by far the best response has been from Carnival. From several days out they were anticipating port closures, offering cruisers full refunds or prorating cruise fares for delayed ships.

Royal Caribbean's website info has been much more limited, and late to the punch. For example, 2 ships leaving from Miami today are having their boarding delayed - but how in the world are folks supposed to travel there during a major Florida hurricane? And if I were smart and traveled there before the storm, where would I have spent the last 2 nights with a mass exodus and no hotels?

Celebrity's website has no information. none.

Maybe Royal and Celebrity have been in touch with all their cruisers privately and are making accommodations, but you sure can't tell that from their website. (And websites can be run from anywhere, so no excuse for that.)

And yes, I know about travel insurance, I'm not talking about the cruise line's responsibility, just noting who appears to be handling the situation in a more customer friendly way.)