Coastal Kitchen access for Junior Suites on Oasis

CaroleC

Was on allure in june. Our cards didn't even open the door to coastal kitchen. The hostess had to open the door for us. Could make reservations for dinner only. Did not get any alcoholic drinks also. Maybe the coastal kitchen in oasis is operating a little different than allure?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I think it might have been a mistake on Oasis because Coastal Kitchen and the Suite lounge/bar are technically in the same room, so I suppose once you are inside you could just act like you belong and go to the bar. I'm not sure if the bartender or the wait staff would know who was in a GS or above because they aren't checking your card. We didn't try it because we knew ahead of time that it wasn't included.

[ATTACH]395767[/ATTACH]

iPad wouldn't let me add the picture, but phone would.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure mine was a bit darker than this but I didn't keep it so can't be sure. Anyways, it definitely worked in the doors to both CK and the lounge, the later I'm now assuming was a mistake somehow but I guess we'll never know 🤔

Was on allure in june. Our cards didn't even open the door to coastal kitchen. The hostess had to open the door for us. Could make reservations for dinner only. Did not get any alcoholic drinks also. Maybe the coastal kitchen in oasis is operating a little different than allure?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

We could only use CK for dinner by reservation too but drinks were definitely complimentary 😃👍

Was on oasis in august. our cards also didn't work for the doors to CK or the lounge. couldn't make reservations for dinner after the first day. Didn't try to use the lounge or get drinks.

We're in a Crown Loft Suite next week and our friends are in a JS. They plan to have dinner with us one night in CK. We'll have them test lounge access on a night that they don't have CK reservations, and will also see if they're able to get drinks in the suite lounge after CK dinner. I'll you all know how they make out.

We're in a Crown Loft Suite next week and our friends are in a JS. They plan to have dinner with us one night in CK. We'll have them test lounge access on a night that they don't have CK reservations, and will also see if they're able to get drinks in the suite lounge after CK dinner. I'll you all know how they make out.

On the Oasis this week. Concierge at the Diamond Lounge was checking all cards.While I was waiting for her assistance least 10 people were turned away that were not diamond members.

One couple was asked to leave the Suite lounge as they were not entitled to this benefit.

In the Suite Lounge this is a perk that Grand Suite guests and above pay for. Also a perk that that was earned by Pinnacle cruisers.

If you want this perk pay for it or cruise enough to earn Pinnacle status.

On the Oasis this week. Concierge at the Diamond Lounge was checking all cards.While I was waiting for her assistance least 10 people were turned away that were not diamond members.

One couple was asked to leave the Suite lounge as they were not entitled to this benefit.

In the Suite Lounge this is a perk that Grand Suite guests and above pay for. Also a perk that that was earned by Pinnacle cruisers.

If you want this perk pay for it or cruise enough to earn Pinnacle status.

Um...we paid for the perk of using the Suite lounge, thank you very much. All I'm saying is our friends will have the opportunity to test out what CaroleC posted earlier. I strongly suspect her post is incorrect, and that's fine.

I would assume js cruisers would get complimentary drinks with dinner (as I have heard that reported)but they are not supposed to use the sl and bar. I guess people could try to cheat the system after dinner but wouldn't that be embarrassing if you were caught. It does make me wonder now how they monitor it. I only ever saw sky class and above keys on peoples lanyards or tables when dining so I'm not sure how many js cruisers used ck on our last cruise. I heard that js gets in ck if there is room available. In other words sky class and up get priority over sea class for reservations at ck?

I've seen the concierge bring non-suite guests into the SL and let them enjoy free drinks, so it is clearly at their discretion. Once in the suite lounge, the bartenders will not ask for your sea pass card unless they have to charge you. Have you ever seen anyone get upset for getting carding for buying alcohol? Now imagine how upset some stuck-up suite passengers might get for getting asked for their sea pass card to confirm they are, in fact, a suite guest. I realize not all suite passengers act this way (I'm one of those that wouldn't), but we all know we've seen plenty of entitled ones as well.

I've seen the concierge bring non-suite guests into the SL and let them enjoy free drinks, so it is clearly at their discretion. Once in the suite lounge, the bartenders will not ask for your sea pass card unless they have to charge you. Have you ever seen anyone get upset for getting carding for buying alcohol? Now imagine how upset some stuck-up suite passengers might get for getting asked for their sea pass card to confirm they are, in fact, a suite guest. I realize not all suite passengers act this way (I'm one of those that wouldn't), but we all know we've seen plenty of entitled ones as well.

I'm sure the ck manager knows who the sea class guests are and would see them in the bar if they weren't welcome to stick around after dinner for free drinks. I do think the bartenders get to know everyone so it might be obvious that way as well. With that said I'm sure they are pretty liberal on such issues within reason. But I doubt a sea class using the sl regularly happens much other than a one off mistake or the Cl letting them.

I'm sure the ck manager knows who the sea class guests are and would see them in the bar if they weren't welcome to stick around after dinner for free drinks. I do think the bartenders get to know everyone so it might be obvious that way as well. With that said I'm sure they are pretty liberal on such issues within reason. But I doubt a sea class using the sl regularly happens much other than a one off mistake or the Cl letting them.

Like everything on a cruise, YMMV. I know once I've made friends with any of the staff there are many things you can get or be part of that may not necessarily be available to the masses. The SL and/or CL is no different. Make friends and don't abuse the benefit and your bound to get some extras. I have brought both family and friends into the DL and SL without issue. But, I've only done it once on the cruise and only for one drink. No issue.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

I am sailing in December, any reccomendations for Coastal Kitchen?

What did you like? What, if anything was terrible and what would you eat all day? :)

Thanks!!

Not sure if it's on the new menus, but on the "old" menus the pear dessert is amazing. My wife was not a fan of the scallop dish on the old menus.

I am sailing in December, any reccomendations for Coastal Kitchen?

What did you like? What, if anything was terrible and what would you eat all day? :)

Thanks!!

Can't recall all the items but def get the crab cakes. The fillet was good too. I had some type of lighter fish that was great and I'm not a big fish eater. I'm forgetting an item or two but most everything was very good. Also the French toast for breakfast was amazing and the best omelettes on board.

Does anyone know the hours of the SL and CK?

The SL is accessible 24 hours.

They serve compimentary selected beers, wines, and soda from 11am to 11pm.

They also serve basic cocktails and hot/cold snacks from 5pm to 8:30pm.

They also serve regular mixed drinks starting at 11 using your card/pkg

And if you want regular coffee rather than out of the specialty machine, they usually have a pot at the bar area in the am or they will get it out of the kitchen for you.

Edited by setsail

Does anyone remember if there is a blender in the SL on the Oasis Class ships for frozen drinks?

I was a GS suite guest on Oasis from 10/1 - 10/8 and used both the SL and CK many times that week. It was simply amazing. I can tell you with 100% certainty that there is absolutely NO BLENDER drinks served in the lounge/CK area. The bartender cannot make frozen drinks at all at that location. In fact it was kind of nice being able to sit in a quite venue for a cocktail and not hear the constant werr and buzz of the blender machines going off.

Sorry.....