Departures on Saturday Oct 8th

JMHappy

I noticed that RCCL posted a delay for my cruise on the Oasis tomorrow. Very understandable with the challenges on the the east coast of FL. I did not receive any notification from RCCL although they have my emails, home phone numbers and cell phones. I called to find out with a 7 PM "departure time" what time can we expect to board? I was told it was not STARTING the boarding process until 7 PM. Called back a second time for verification and they told me the same thing boarding starts at 7 PM. I understand there is a change, but clear communication would be very helpful.

I don't need to tell veteran cruisers that there is a BIG difference between boarding time and departure time.

I've ask for them to provide me the change in writing......I'm still waiting....

When I asked to be notified of any other changes they said, just call because it clearly isn't working!

I'm annoyed....normally JMHappy 😏

Not sure why departure time would be affected when it looks like she's coming into port on time. I think a few others have mentioned that the post about the Oasis was a typo.

Edited by Biker19

Please go check the website....I can swear it said "DEPARTS at 7pm" Don't want you to miss your cruise because of a horrible customer service rep.

There is a thread on here started by firefighterhoop that has a screen shot of RCI website intinerary changes.

No worries....I will be there in time for the cruise!

The communication from RCCL is VERY poor and inconsistent.

I had the representative go to the website and verify that it says DEPARTS but she reached out to her supervisor and they said it was a mistake and it BOARDS at 7 PM. Either way I will be at portside by 4.

It could make for a miserable day for people who arrive at the port at 10 or 11 and the boarding is delayed until 7 PM....not the way to start a cruise BUT we will all be happy in a few days.

JMHappy....one way or the other!!!

I noticed that RCCL posted a delay for my cruise on the Oasis tomorrow. Very understandable with the challenges on the the east coast of FL. I did not receive any notification from RCCL although they have my emails, home phone numbers and cell phones. I called to find out with a 7 PM "departure time" what time can we expect to board? I was told it was not STARTING the boarding process until 7 PM. Called back a second time for verification and they told me the same thing boarding starts at 7 PM. I understand there is a change, but clear communication would be very helpful.

I don't need to tell veteran cruisers that there is a BIG difference between boarding time and departure time.

I've ask for them to provide me the change in writing......I'm still waiting....

When I asked to be notified of any other changes they said, just call because it clearly isn't working!

I'm annoyed....normally JMHappy 😏

There should be NO delays for tomorrow.

I just talked to royal rep and they told me they were boarding at normal times, but the boat will not leave port til 7pm to give guests extra time that might be delayed by the storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums