What's a good short cruise for a new cruiser?

I've been on 2 Alaska cruises and loved them. My husband missed the August cruise because he was ill. We're in south jersey, and we're booked on Anthem next September for the leaf peeper cruise.

I'd like to do a short (5 day maybe) to Bermuda in the spring. I don't want to scare him off- how is the trip to Bermuda in your experience from Port Liberty. Is the sea days usually rough?

Semi related, is there a pink sand beach in Bermuda?

Thanks in advance!

Holly

I've been on 2 Alaska cruises and loved them. My husband missed the August cruise because he was ill. We're in south jersey, and we're booked on Anthem next September for the leaf peeper cruise.

I'd like to do a short (5 day maybe) to Bermuda in the spring. I don't want to scare him off- how is the trip to Bermuda in your experience from Port Liberty. Is the sea days usually rough?

Semi related, is there a pink sand beach in Bermuda?

Thanks in advance!

Holly

Bermuda would be a perfect 5-day itinerary. We've done that before. There is no way to predict sea conditions. We've done 7-night itineraries as well to Bermuda and sometimes it's smooth as glass and other times it can be rougher. The nice thing about that itinerary is you have enough of an opportunity to experience the ship with the sea days but also have two days in port to enjoy Bermuda. And yes, the sand has a pinkish cast to it from the coral particles mixed in with it.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

There's no way to predict the sea conditions.

I think you should also consider 4-day cruise to the Bahamas on Enchantment and a 4 or 5 day cruise to the Caribbean on Brilliance. The Brilliance cruise would have to be March or very early April before she goes back to Europe.

Since OP lives in S. Jersey, I'm assuming she's looking for an easy getaway, rather than flying to FL to pick up a ship. The cruises to Bermuda are wonderful. The sand wasn't as pink as we expected, but the beaches at Horseshoe Bay were gorgeous!

There are two options for Bermuda--Cape Liberty on Anthem, or Port of Baltimore on Grandeur. Regardless of which ship/port you choose, there is no way to predict what the seas will be like. That is always a crap-shoot.

You can't go wrong with either choice.

Our first cruise was a 5 night to Bermuda on Voyager of the Seas out of Cape Liberty. My son and his girlfriend were living in NYC at the time and dragged us kicking and screaming onto the ship to "try" cruising. We really didn't want to! But, we did and we became hooked!! We had calm seas and gorgeous weather in late September. We have cruised 9 times out of the northeast and loved every one!

There's no way to predict the sea conditions.

I think you should also consider 4-day cruise to the Bahamas on Enchantment and a 4 or 5 day cruise to the Caribbean on Brilliance. The Brilliance cruise would have to be March or very early April before she goes back to Europe.

If you are OK with the trip to FL, I agree with Bob.

We sailed Celebrity Summit in June a few years ago and seas were fine.

Be careful with Sept./Oct. cruises due to HURRICANE season. Does Hurricane Matthew ring a bell?

Hurricane Season is June 1- Novemeber 30th...I agree with taking precautions...but I wouldn't rule out cruising almost half the year because of a "possible" hurricane...

Hurricane Season is June 1- Novemeber 30th...I agree with taking precautions...but I wouldn't rule out cruising almost half the year because of a "possible" hurricane...

Neither would we but we are seasoned cruisers and experienced travelers. I have lived in FL since 1961 and lived thru hurricanes so believe it or not I do when when hurricane season is. Thanks for reminding me.