How to find a good TA that specializes in Princess

The Other Tom

The biggest advantage of a TA as opposed to booking by yourself is that they will take your side if there are difficulties with the trip. They will also keep you posted if there are any changes that you need to know about. Don't ask people how much money they saved with their TA (ours rebates most of his commission back to us) but ask them what he did when things went wrong. That is more important than a few bucks savings.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Princess will never offer a rate that a TA can't get for their customers. So if Princess is beating your TA, then the TA is not putting your Captain Circle number in correctly or checking properly (they won't see all the rates you qualify for unless they get your Captain Circle or phone number associated with your Captain Circle account). All targeted promotions TAs also have access to. Regardless, you can always book with Princess with that rate and transfer to a TA and they will discount it (if the TA discounts).

The only thing that they don't have access to is Friends and Family rates. Many TAs don't deal with interline rates.

Never mind, not worth the effort..

Edited by srpilo

I didn't need a booking lesson... Some us have booked ALOT of cruise also, in my case well over 70.

For the OP's sake I was referring to using the online booking engines that most online TA's use and in my case my TA's takes my CC# and if needed because of a eligible fare is followed up by a booking link from my TA with that fare, that does not immediately show up on most booking engines.

As I posted I'll check the Princess site first to see if there's a targeted promo, and then proceed as required with my online TA

Last post here..

Srpilo

People are not questioning that you have cruised a lot -- they are wondering about your TA's abilities. Every rate available to you by Princess is also available for your TA to quote YOU. You say that this is not true and that Princess sometimes have better rates. You are incorrect here. If your agent can't find the rate -- they are doing something wrong. Maybe time to look for a new agent?

The biggest advantage of a TA as opposed to booking by yourself is that they will take your side if there are difficulties with the trip. They will also keep you posted if there are any changes that you need to know about. Don't ask people how much money they saved with their TA (ours rebates most of his commission back to us) but ask them what he did when things went wrong. That is more important than a few bucks savings.

DON

A good one who does a lot with Princess should keep abreast as to what is going on