Splendida yacht club 20th November

spandance

We are so looking forward to a cruise in the yacht club for the first time. I would like to ask if you are expected to tip the butlers separately,as never had the pleasure of one before I would like to know before hand. Also is the swimming pool or heated at all, as November on the Med won't be that warm.

Looking forward to any information you may be able to help me with , or advise.:)

It really does depend on what the butler has done for you...and personal preference. So I can make this into two sentences by saying on our recent Yacht Club cruise on Divina we did not ask anything extra from our butler so we did not tip him extra.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can you ever give more than a one line response to give us some details from your EXPERIENCE ?

My thoughts exactly. We should think ourselves lucky though, sometimes it's just 1 word. Really don't know why he bothers :p

It really does depend on what the butler has done for you...and personal preference. So I can make this into two sentences by saying on our recent Yacht Club cruise on Divina we did not ask anything extra from our butler so we did not tip him extra.

Much better thanks!

My thoughts exactly. We should think ourselves lucky though, sometimes it's just 1 word. Really don't know why he bothers :p

Thanks for the backup. If you look at his? statistics there is no beef nor any evidence of ever being on a cruise!

Let me further say that I also didn't feel a need to tip extra as 1) I knew the butler did receive compensation from my DSC (unlike some other lines) and 2) I knew MSC doesn't encourage extra tipping. That said, if I had asked him to do special things for us then I would have tipped extra.

Thanks for the backup. If you look at his? statistics there is no beef nor any evidence of ever being on a cruise!

Not sure which lines you've cruised on WWW, however, we've cruised on NCL and they explicitly advise you to tip the Butler and Concierge... been there done that, however, on MSC they request that you don't tip anyone really. So, the advice I've read here is that, if you insist on tipping "be very careful and discreet" so that no one else sees the exchange.

Tip: on NCL we always left a personal card ("Thanks for your Awesomeness" was one title) addressed to whichever, Butler or Concierge or Steward and included a cash tip in the card.

Sure we'll enjoy our cruise, hope to see you there. :)

Hope this helps,

Not sure which lines you've cruised on WWW, however, we've cruised on NCL and they explicitly advise you to tip the Butler and Concierge... been there done that, however, on MSC they request that you don't tip anyone really. So, the advice I've read here is that, if you insist on tipping "be very careful and discreet" so that no one else sees the exchange.

Tip: on NCL we always left a personal card ("Thanks for your Awesomeness" was one title) addressed to whichever, Butler or Concierge or Steward and included a cash tip in the card.

Sure we'll enjoy our cruise, hope to see you there. :)

Hope this helps,

Yes, we have done many NCL and recognize that MSC is different. I look forward to meeting you and yours on our cruise.

p.s. I think you quoted the wrong line :)