Is Decorating Cabins allowed?

Lyn1Lyn

We are taking our children on their first cruise. I really wanted to play on the Seuss at Sea theme and decorate the room with Dr. Seuss theme decorations. As well as give them a surprise Dr. Seuss Book and Stuffed animal to match.

In the Carnival Fun Shops they have:

(The Cat's Cabin

$35.00

Transform your cabin to The Cat's Cabin with this fun Dr. Seuss themed cabin décor. This package includes a festive cascade of 4 hanging garlands, a 12" table centerpiece, a 3 ft. long banner with Dr. Seuss quote and a 20” mirror decal featuring The Cat. Limit one per cabin.)

I feel like I can decorate the room for far less than $35, I am just not sure it's/what's allowed.

Was thinking of putting up a Pennant Banner, mirror decals, steamers and not sure what else.

Cannot use anything that will scratch, stain or mark up the walls. Some of those gel stickers can stain. The decor needs to be flame retardant.

$35 seems expensive but that branded stuff is expensive. The Carnival decor will be up when you enter the cabin.

Cannot use anything that will scratch, stain or mark up the walls. Some of those gel stickers can stain. The decor needs to be flame retardant.

$35 seems expensive but that branded stuff is expensive. The Carnival decor will be up when you enter the cabin.

I've found some nicely priced stuff and I was thinking of filling in with some colors more than licensed stuff.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

Of course you can decorate your cabin. We've done so many times, usually for someone's birthday. We always travel with Scotch tape, and throughout the week will hang our kids Camp artwork up on the vanity.

And--we ALWAYS decorate our door.

CeleBrat

You can decorate your room however you want as long as you don't leave any residue from your adhesive etc. I've never used anything that caused discoloration but I'd listen to the others. I have always done my own thing and never purchased decorations from the cruise lines. I usually buy a pack of the dangles that hang from the ceiling and cascade down. Cabins ceilings are not very high so they have to be strategically placed. I always decorate the door with lightweight items. I am a scrapbooker so have access to many patterns from my machines.

It's nice to have the cabin personalized and festive. There are many on these boards who will criticize the idea and wonder why anyone would even consider such a thing as decorating their cabin but for me it's fun and makes me and my family happy.

I always remove all decorative items from the room the last night of the cruise and make sure no extra work is created for my steward. Sometimes I leave the items behind, layed over the garbage can so if the steward wants them he or she can take them. I started doing this after a steward asked if she could have them as her best friend was going to be celebrating a birthday soon.

Get creative and have fun!

I would spend the $35 and let the kids have a nice surprise as soon as they walk in the door. That way you don't have to worry about packing the stuff, making sure it doesn't get damaged and then taking the time to set it up. Carnival does a nice job.

Feeling lazy today. Copy and paste from a few days ago.

Carnival does have rule regarding decorations. Like so many things Carnival the enforcement varies from ship to ship. At least you will be prepared.

Decorating Your Stateroom Door and Stateroom

We recognize some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door as well as the interior of your stateroom.

Only use fire retardant materials; items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable.

Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings.

To affix materials to your stateroom door, you may use magnets and Command Strips.

Do not use adhesives such as tape or glue that will leave residue.

Over-the-door hanging organizers may only be used if they are fire retardant and do not damage the door. (Must hang inside the stateroom.)

No decorations of any kind on balconies.

No string lights of any kind.

I always like to book a cabin that you can see the second you exit the elevator and I always put signs on my door making it easy to recognize.

Attached is the sign I used on my last cruise. I have had many people say how much easier it made it for them to find their rooms.

I use the blue masking tape that comes off easily with no residue.

doorsign.jpg.8c0020b4d4be9171187a0bcede726f9d.jpg

Edited by tallyho8