For our American Friends.

mklions

I think if I was from the other side of the pond, i would seriously consider booking a cruise on a P&O.ship.

As their on board costs are in all in sterling ( UK Pounds) and with the pound at a all time low against the dollar you would get fantastic value for money.

As a regular cruiser with both P&O and Princess there is not a deal of difference in quality and service between both lines.

Also as both lines are owned Carnival you will also earn captain circle Princess points. :)

Mklions

I think if I was from the other side of the pond, i would seriously consider booking a cruise on a P&O.ship.

As their on board costs are in all in sterling ( UK Pounds) and with the pound at a all time low against the dollar you would get fantastic value for money.

As a regular cruiser with both P&O and Princess there is not a deal of difference in quality and service between both lines.

Also as both lines are owned Carnival you will also earn captain circle Princess points. :)

Mklions

To be honest, I don't think Princess cruisers would be impressed with P&O. Princess ethos and quality of service is very different from P&O. Also Princess cruisers who were Elite or whatever level of the Captain Circle would not have that status recognised and would receive no benefits.

I don't believe that is correct. To the best of my knowledge, cruise points are not interchangeable between lines regardless of whether the lies are part of the Carnival "family" or not. I do know that that Holland-America uses 1 way of advancing from one level to another while Princess uses 2 different ways, one of which is like Holland's and one is completely different.

Tom

I don't think they can. Just like we cannot use an American TA and book in dollars.:(

Well I have been doing it for years, I have 2 cruises booked with Princess, 1 was booked in the U.K. And 1 in the USA

For sure P&O points go across to Princess.

We are princess elite mainly because of our P&O cruises.

mklions

Yes, P&O points are recognized by Princess but not the other way around.

Thanks for the nice thoughts though. We can still be friends!

Edited by beg3yrs

Well I have been doing it for years, I have 2 cruises booked with Princess, 1 was booked in the U.K. And 1 in the USA

How did you manage to book one in the USA? What address did you give and how did you pay for it? And my last question.....why did you do it, what were the benefits?

I don't believe that is correct. To the best of my knowledge, cruise points are not interchangeable between lines regardless of whether the lies are part of the Carnival "family" or not. I do know that that Holland-America uses 1 way of advancing from one level to another while Princess uses 2 different ways, one of which is like Holland's and one is completely different.

Tom

P & O and Princess do indeed share loyalty points, stemming from the fact P & O actually owned Princess cruises (since 1974). In 2003, P & O Princess Cruises (as it was then known )merged with Carnival.

Don't bother crossing over to p and o, just book your next Princess cruise in the U.K. Instead, pay in sterling and a us passenger will save big

As noted, those in the US would face the same issue as those UK passengers trying to take advantage of US deals... Those of us with family back in Blighty however might consider that option :cool: