Mystery Dinner Cruise

BeadsLea

Hello. Just wondering if anyone has done the Mystery Dinner Theatre on a Royal Caribbean cruise and what are your thoughts on it? I'm unable to find any information on it as my cruise is too far out at this time. Anyone know the cost and if anyone feels it is worth the cost?

Hello. Just wondering if anyone has done the Mystery Dinner Theatre on a Royal Caribbean cruise and what are your thoughts on it? I'm unable to find any information on it as my cruise is too far out at this time. Anyone know the cost and if anyone feels it is worth the cost?

We have done Mystery Dinner Theatre twice on Royal, both time on Mariner. It is usually done on the first night and I think the current price is around $50.00. The first time was a pretty good the second soso. The dinner afterwards was fantastic, once in Chops once in Portofino's. It's a good way to avoid the first night MDR madhouse. WE started in Viking Crown Lounge in front of the stage area with a glass of Champagne and then after 20 minutes were taken down to Chops for diner and solving the Mystery. Would only do it again with a group of friends and a discount.. happy cruising

We did a murder-mystery on the now-defunct MV Discovery, and it was brilliant, very immersive. We almost told our waiter to "skip bringing dinner, & fetch us sandwiches instead because we're busy solving a crime". :D

OK, we convicted the wrong character :rolleyes: but only one table got it right - because the clues were there but heavily disguised, because there were lots of red herrings, & because the foul deed was actually committed by two of the characters working together.

A year or so after that experience, when we found there was a murder-mystery on our Adventure O T S cruise we jumped at it.

A little over-priced (isn't everything on cruise ships? ) otherwise nothing wrong with the dinner, the logistics, the actors etc

But we were very disappointed with the raison d;etre, the plot.

The murderer was so obvious.

EVERYONE got it right. :(

Everyone except us :D

We'd decided it was toooo obvious, so again we convicted an innocent player.

The winner was drawn by hat amongst the correct answers.

Imagine a quiz where virtually everyone scores 25 out of 25 :rolleyes:

Hopefully RCI's murder-mysterys are far more demanding now.

Just our experience.

JB :)