Princess Vegetarian

bunnypug

Hello!

I am wondering about Vegetarian food availability in Specialty restaurants, specifically Sabatinis. Doesn't look like they have anything veggie on menu. Does anyone know if they can special order or create something veggie?

Same question for balcony dining on Caribbean Princess

My husband is a semi-vegetarian... he'll eat fish. That said, several times, he ate the vegetarian meal that was offered. If you have PC dining, each of the 4 restaurants will offer you their specific menu and the traditional menu for the day. The traditional menu always has a strictly vegetarina meal. You can order from one or both menus. As far as Sabitini's goes, if you don't eat fish, it could be difficult. If you haven't been there before, you choose an entree and they give you a sampeling of everything else... hence the 2 -3 hour meal. Before you book, who not talk to the Sabitini's Maitre di'and see what they can offer you. It would be a shame to spend $25 each for a lovely dinner and not be able to eat most of it.

My husband and I are both vegetarians but eat fish. A couple of years ago someone raved about the alternative restaurants to us so we rushed to get reservations. Well, after we checked out the menus and spoke to staff we realized our choices would be extremely limited!
On the other hand every night in the main dining room there was a full vegetarian menu on the left side of the regular menu. This is one of the things we love about Princess. I realize that on a cruise ship they will make almost anything you ask for, but this way we don't have to have special requests each night.
Also, if you have traditional dining, by the second or third night your waiter usually realizes your preferences and can make good suggestions from the "other" side of the menu.
I did wonder about the balcony dining also but did you know you can order anything you want from the dining room menu to be served on your balcony?

On our recent Regal cruise, our tablemates were very strict vegetarians. The waiters were aware of it and encouraged them to order anything they saw from any menu, including menus from previous nights. If they thought they were ordering something that was vegetarian, the waiter would point out if there was an ingredient that they wouldn't want.

Princess really goes out of its way to accommodate special menus and diet requirements. All you have to do is ask -- and don't be embarrassed or feel you're asking for special attention. They really do want to please you.

Song of Norway & Song of America, 1986-88; Royal Princess 2/99; Sun Princess 1/00; Ocean Princess 12/00; Royal Princess 4/01; Grand Princess 12/23/01; Sea Princess 2/9/02; Explorer of the Seas 12/21/02; Coral Princess 8/9/03; Nordic Empress 12/27/03; Regal Princess (4/20/04)

-- Caribbean Princess (12/26/04) -- [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=4763056957&m=9323078957"]Roll Call[/url]
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2004;12;26;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
-- Royal Princess (4/21/05) -- [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=4763056957&m=999100981&r=999100981#999100981"]Roll Call[/url]
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2005;04;21;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]

My wife and I also both eat fish but not meat (or shellfish).

I was thinking of going to Sabatini's but it does look like it won't be worth it since we CAN eat some the appetizers etc. but not the majority and there's only one possible entree (the Sea Bass) on the menus I've seen.

I assumed that it might be too complicated to ask Sabatini's to do a whole separate thing for veggies...if anyone has experienced otherwise it would be good to know.

TJ

I am a lacto-vegetarian (dairy only). On the TP in March 03, a lovely couple we had met asked us to join them at the specialty restaurant (Sabatinis? Sterling Steak House?) for dinner.They were such an interesting older couple and we just enjoyed their company, we thought we'd check with the restaurant manager. This place serves ONLY meat, mind you. I explained our dilemma and the manager looked at us like we were very odd but reluctantly agreed to figure "something" out. The service was fantastic, the company was delightful and they brought me two vegetarian entrees! The TP is a much smaller ship and I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate having these requests too often, certainly not on the larger ships. However, it worked for me!

Thanks this is all very helpful!

Really appreciate SuzyQ's experience at the specialty restaurant. I know that the regular dining room always has veggie food, but its nice to know that Princess is so accomadating.

Archived