kids on escape, question from the uk

dpws

I'm looking to book a two week b to b cruise, dep dates somewhere between 14th Oct, 21 oct , 28 oct, ( uk school hols) travelling with my 2 sons age 11 and 15, they enjoy the kids club and mixing with friends, can anyone tell me if there would be kids of a similar age on board at that time of year, as don't know the rules of taking kids out of school for vacation or us school holiday dates. Many thanks

I don't think you will see a lot of US kids. Our common breaks are the end of thanksgiving week, Christmas/New Years, presidents week for the northeast, and spring break weeks in March/April. The only time breaks come lose to 2 weeks is during the Christmas break, depending on the day of the week it falls on.

We home school and often cruise when other's kids are in school. My ds is 12 and has always found kids his age on a 7 day cruise. If it's a longer voyage or on a small ship, maybe I'd worry. BTW any schools with year-round or 'balanced' calendars take from 1 to 2 week breaks in October. Our local school system is out this week and next.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

Edited by Mrs. Squirrel

We're taking our homeschooled kids (ages 10 & 13) on a 2-week cruise (non-btb) at the end of October. I'm crossing my fingers that there'll be at least a few other school-age kids aboard, but we're also prepared for the possibility that they'll be on their own. :)

We are on the Oct 15th (yeah only 5 more days) cruise and I know from our roll call our 10 year old won't be the only one on board. We are taking him out of school due to my DH and my jobs don't allow us time off in the summer.

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Escape last night and your sons shouldn't have any problems having other kids to play with. Our cruise had according to the staff at Splash Academy 700 kids on board that were of the ages that they cover. This made it slightly different for the older kids as they use alternate locations through the day for activities. An example my son 10 would be in the teen club in the mornings and then the sports court in the afternoon and evenings (weather permitting). The 6-9 year olds were in the sports court in the mornings then down in Splash Academy. The teens had there club back in the afternoon till late evenings.