Haven Free at Sea perks????

phillyguy31

Trying to figure this out because the way it is presented is confusing to me at least.

1. All all of the gratuities ( including UBP and the UDP)paid for or is it just the cabin ones that are covered?

2. It looks like the internet is free or is it just the 250 minutes free?

3. Is the UDP extended to all 7 days or still at 3 days?

Trying to decide if it is worth while to upgradenow and get the cabin I want plus the perks or just wait and see If I get to bid,

Getaway in Feb.

Reading the T&C carefully should answer all of these.

1. All all of the gratuities ( including UBP and the UDP)paid for or is it just the cabin ones that are covered?

The "free gratuities" promo means you get the Daily Service Charge (DSC) covered. It does not cover anything else. People who book directly in the Haven do not pay a service charge on UBP or SDP, that isn't a promotional perk, that's just part of what you get for being in the Haven.

Read the T&C. When I booked, it was 250 minutes free except for the Breakaway which was 1GB free.

Again, read the T&C. When I booked, SDP was 4 days. I think it's 3 days now. I haven't heard of a 7 day SDP ever.

Trying to decide if it is worth while to upgradenow and get the cabin I want plus the perks or just wait and see If I get to bid,

Unless this is a specifically advertised promo perk, you don't get all of the perks if you upgrade into the Haven, only if you book directly into it. You keep whatever perk(s) you chose when you booked.

You get the stateroom gratuities paid for guests 1 & 2 (normally $15.50 per person per day).

You get the service charge included for the UBP and SDP perks (people in lower categories pay 18%).

You still only get 3 meals with the dining perk (for cruises 3-9 days long), just like people in lower categories who choose this perk.

You only get 250 minutes free internet per stateroom, just like people in lower categories who choose this perk.

And you get guests 3&4 free if your sailing qualifies.

Trying to figure this out because the way it is presented is confusing to me at least.

Yes, the daily cabin including UBP and UDP are included. This does not include the employees not covered by the DSC such as the Concierge and Butler.

Yes, it is only 250 minutes or 1000 MB.

UDP is for three meals.

Trying to decide if it is worth while to upgrade now and get the cabin I want plus the perks or just wait and see If I get to bid,

Getaway in Feb.

It is up to you. We decided to bite the bullet and pay for our suite but the perks had nothing to do with our decision. We wanted to enjoy the Haven for our anniversary.

Edited by Linda the Book Lover
changed color of answers

It isn't "days", it's "meals".

Good point! I still forget that there are paid lunch options on some ships!

Or suppose you could really be extravagant and use your SDP meals to simulate the old UDP approach of "appetizers at La Cunina, entree at Cagneys and dessert at Le Bistro". That's three SDP meals gone in a single evening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, That is what I thought however when I saw this "The Haven also includes free open bar, specialty dining package, pre-paid service charges, and free WiFi for all 3+ day cruises." on the Haven info page my mind went in the wrong direction unfortunately. I think maybe the term upgrade was wrong I was considering before final payment changing it to the Haven. Then I assume I would be entitled to everything? Thanks again for the help.

Thanks, That is what I thought however when I saw this "The Haven also includes free open bar, specialty dining package, pre-paid service charges, and free WiFi for all 3+ day cruises." on the Haven info page my mind went in the wrong direction unfortunately. I think maybe the term upgrade was wrong I was considering before final payment changing it to the Haven. Then I assume I would be entitled to everything? Thanks again for the help.

You have it right. There's a difference between upgrade and Upsell.

UPGRADE: You pay the full difference in fares between your current room and the new stateroom. Ex. Currently booked balcony $699 pp; you see a Haven Spa room for $1799 pp and call NCL. You upgrade for $1100 pp. you receive all of the perks.

UPSELL: You pay whatever the Upsell department accepts. You only keep your current promotions. Ex. Currently booked balcony at $699 pp. You call Upsell Dpt and they offer you the same Haven Spa room as above for an extra $400 pp; total: $1099 pp. You do not get all of the promotions.

Unless this is a specifically advertised promo perk, you don't get all of the perks if you upgrade into the Haven, only if you book directly into it. You keep whatever perk(s) you chose when you booked.

Actually if you upgrade (pay full price between original and new category), you get all the free at sea perks at the time of the upgrade (usually...this is NCL, after all). If you do this before final payment is due, no penalty. They CAN penalize you for a cancel/rebook if you are after final payment, but I think I've heard they are not doing that at the moment.

If you upSELL, you do not and only have your original perks.

I just upgraded on my recent Pearl cruise and that is how it was explained to me.