Wedding

Islandgirl1966

That's a really good idea VASOXFAN.... we already planned on a party (to quench his desire for a pizza party.....sigh) the night before but transportation I did not think about! Thank You!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ours was pizza too. Pizza, a groom's cake, beer, wine and sodas. It was a lot of fun.

We rented a 15-pax van. We had a 1/2 price discount from USAA (membership is free) and rented it at the BWI airport where it was cheaper. One of our non-sailing groomsmen took it back once everyone was done running around. That and the hotel shuttle got everyone to and from nicely.

For us, I'm from Canada, finance from Costa Rica. I've been living in CR for 3 years. My family is from Canada, his from CR. So we decided to all meet in the middle and have our wedding in Miami on the ship before it leaves. Guests can decide if they will cruise or stay in Miami for a couple days.

There's no right or wrong. I think it's your day, do whatever makes the two do you happy!

So my fiancé and I are planning a wedding for next July 2017. We are looking into either getting married on the ship or perhaps on the beach in the Bahamas. Does anyone have any insight on this? It's starting to look kind of complicated and also expensive.

I don't know who you think you are telling people how to run their weddings and lives. The OP posted asking for advice on cruise weddings, not your personal views about destination weddings! :rolleyes:

What exactly is asking for advice but personal views. The OP wanted advice and people gave their opinions on it. Just because it works for some doesn't mean it works for all. Now the OP has several different opinions and can make up their own mind.

Destination weddings by definition mean that EVERYBODY must travel. Depending on the length of a cruise you are asking people to give up more vacation time than normal. People should spend more time on their marriage and less on the "wedding" might turn out better in the long run

It's true: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/13/living/wedding-expenses-study/

What exactly is asking for advice but personal views. The OP wanted advice and people gave their opinions on it. Just because it works for some doesn't mean it works for all. Now the OP has several different opinions and can make up their own mind.

The OP asked for insight. Several who posted obviously have no clue about cruise or destination weddings and offered no insight on the subject whatsoever.

If you had any clue about cruise weddings, you would know they are very inexpensive. This thread is full of examples of people posting about something they know nothing about.

Truth! My cruise wedding and reception... 3000 bucks (minus the cruise, which as a cruiser Is do ANYWAY).... other people's weddings range from 10-100k and average around 25k so I'm not really sure why those opinions are even posted here. Its affordable as hell comparatively and I saved a lot of money by doing it this way. Why post if you aren't even reasonably in the know about it??

Truth! My cruise wedding and reception... 3000 bucks (minus the cruise, which as a cruiser Is do ANYWAY).... other people's weddings range from 10-100k and average around 25k so I'm not really sure why those opinions are even posted here. Its affordable as hell comparatively and I saved a lot of money by doing it this way. Why post if you aren't even reasonably in the know about it??

Same here. And that's for the full wedding ceremony, reception (food, open bar and cake for up to 20 guests), decorated venues, basic photography...everything. All we HAD to pay for was our cruise, my dress, and extra fees for 30 more guests. We chose to do our own flowers, some additional decorations, guest party, favors, plus the transportation for non-sailors, but you can keep it really bare bones.

Our biggest expense was buying lots of photos, but you don't have to do that either. Those are more expensive on land too.

I guess we should all just get married in our backyard and have the reception at the local VFW Hall.

Uhh...No thanks.

:)

Ugh. I can just picture Cousin Cooter playing the harmonica :eek:

Even with this kind of wedding, some guests will have to travel and spend $

I guess we should all just get married in our backyard and have the reception at the local VFW Hall.

Uhh...No thanks.

Some of my best wedding memories are from weddings in someone's backyard and/or receptions in the Local VFW hall. And the couples are still married.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some of my best wedding memories are from weddings in someone's backyard and/or receptions in the Local VFW hall. And the couples are still married.

That's great.

Some of my best memories are from getting married on the cruise ship, and we're still married. Another wonderful memory was a couple being married beachside many years ago in Key West, also through a cruise line. They are also still married.

AND cruise weddings are topic of this thread! :cool:

Edited by VASOXFANN

I hope those weddings were all people marrying their high school sweetheart.

What could be better?

;)

Some of my best memories are from getting married on the cruise ship, and we're still married. Another wonderful memory was a couple being married beachside many years ago in Key West, also through a cruise line. They are also still married.

IMPOSSIBLE!!! (according to some on this thread)

Edited by drerickson77