Room suggestions for family of four + nanny?

the_dylaness

Hi,

So a few weeks ago I posted for best travel arrangements for family of four (who didn't want to sleep all close together in one room) and got some great suggestions.

After last week's Disney Fantasy cruise with our family of four, plus my mom and a bonus 6 year old... I'm wondering if maybe traveling with a nanny is a plus.

We looked at the Voyager and Freedom class RCCL cabins that have balcony connecting to OV and/or insides.... but you cannot book 5 people. One arrangement you could only book 2 and 2, the other, 3 and 3. I don't have 6 people, I have 5.

If we travel with a nanny we really prefer: at least two separate sleeping areas (minimum of one of them being an actual bedroom with a closing door... pref both.) Mandatory 2 bathrooms. One balcony. What is best fit for this need? We actually really liked connecting balcony + OV but they just won't book our size group. Two balconies is quite a lot more $. What creative room types or combos do I need to know about?

Hi, if you use a travel agent or a royal Caribbean vacation planner, they have access to booking 5 person rooms. Additionally they can book you 2 people into a 3 person room, you will have a category upgrade charge but would be less than a 6th person charge. I recommend calling Royal and asking for a vacation planner. Give them room numbers you like and discuss budget and they will tell you your options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had done this previously with my TA who booked in 3 people for the room, then cancelled the 3rd person and it increased our fare per person by $150 each so $300 total but they didn't force a cabin change maybe because I had minors booked adjacent and they have to be next or across. Last month I booked with a Royal Caribbean vacation planner and got a 4 person room with 3 people to have the option to add a 4th and that too was a category upcharge of $150 total that time. One last piece of info I have to share is if any of the children are under 3 they can be booked into a room occupancy of two. Meaning I have an upcoming sailing with my daughter and her 3 year old and her 2 year old in a 2 person occupancy room because the two year old will use a pack and play and won't need a bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by MelissaMcC

When we sailed with our Nanny, we took side-by-side cabins (not connecting). She slept in one cabin with the two kids. Her preference was the beds pushed all together. My 3 year old slept against the headboard, the 2 year old in the middle, and she slept across the foot of the bed.

It was a great experience for us. She HATED being "offline". I had warned her there was no internet acess (this was 10 years ago and the internet was much worse/more expensive than it is now), but the reality of being away from friends and family, didn't hit her until we were well at sea.