getaway ultimate beverage package

zocko123

Not trolling but couldn't you order an Irish coffee, say, and get the Irish on the side?
This has been suggested in many UBP threads, I don't know how successful anyone has been on board. The bar staff have heard it all before, and if it were that easy to get around NCL's rules, everyone would be doing it.

Anyway, Irish coffee is usually made with the free brewed coffee, not with espresso. (I've had it both ways on different ships, sometimes both ways on the same ship.)

Not trolling but couldn't you order an Irish coffee, say, and get the Irish on the side?

Yes,,,, but Irish coffee is made with regular, mass produced coffee. And, not all bars have coffee. But bartenders will spike any coffee you bring from the buffet with any form of alcohol you want.

There are some alcoholic drinks made with espresso, some ships have a list of them, and they are included in the UBP (last time I checked). You can try ordering one of those and asking them to leave out the alcohol, just like you can order a virgin version of pretty much any other mixed drink. But don't be surprised if they agree to do it for you in some cases, but not in others.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Nope! The coffee from the atrium cafe (which is the best) isn't included. However, you can make your own in the buffet but it isn't as good.

I wrote a blog post here: http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/09/10/ncls-unlimited-beverage-package/ about the package and what strange things it doesn't include/some weird rules around it. Hopefully it'll help you.

Have a fabulous cruise!

There are some alcoholic drinks made with espresso, some ships have a list of them, and they are included in the UBP (last time I checked). You can try ordering one of those and asking them to leave out the alcohol, just like you can order a virgin version of pretty much any other mixed drink. But don't be surprised if they agree to do it for you in some cases, but not in others.

Espresso Martini is now $16.95 on the menus so is outside the UBP. Whether you can get it with a cheaper vodka to bring it within UBP I cannot say.

I'm aware of that, but I'm pretty sure it isn't made with espresso, anyway :cool: I was thinking more of the hot espresso-based alcoholic drinks that I have seen listed on the menu at the Atrium Bar on some ships. But who knows, maybe they don't exist anymore.