Compare Thermal Suites

fdpevey

We sailed on the Breakaway last year and enjoyed the Thermal Suite. Now we are thinking of taking a cruise on the Pearl.

Has anyone experienced the Thermal Suite on a Jewel Class ship (Jem, Jade, Pearl, etc) and on a Breakaway class?

Does the Jewel Class Thermal Suite compare well to the Breakaway Class Thermal Suite - heated lounges, pool with therapy section, and jets, and hot tub, plus sauna and steam rooms?

We sailed on the Breakaway last year and enjoyed the Thermal Suite. Now we are thinking of taking a cruise on the Pearl.

Has anyone experienced the Thermal Suite on a Jewel Class ship (Jem, Jade, Pearl, etc) and on a Breakaway class?

Does the Jewel Class Thermal Suite compare well to the Breakaway Class Thermal Suite - heated lounges, pool with therapy section, and jets, and hot tub, plus sauna and steam rooms?

Much smaller. The saunas, steam rooms, hot/cold plunges, jacuzzis are in the locker rooms (I.e., not coed). There may be a small bubbling bench or jacuzzi in the coed area, but no hydro therapy pool. Limited heated loungers.

Now,,, the ship is a lot smaller and the smaller spa areas are usually fine in yer style of crowds.

But,,, the unisex nature of the locker rooms results in more nudity in the steam rooms, saunas, and jacuzzis on some cruises, not all.

Edited by BirdTravels

Our favorite is the thermal suite on the Gem.

They are all the same basically on Jewel class ships, (the "away" ships thermal suites are bigger, having a couple of extra stuff), but somehow the Gem has a special place for us.

Edited by Arzeena

I've been in the spas on both the Gem and Breakaway. Both were a great, quiet place to get away from the sometimes unavoidable crowds and noise of the ship, but liked the atmosphere of the Gem better. It was quieter, perhaps b/c it was small with less people moving around, the saunas in the locker rooms, and no one hogged the heated loungers. The staff was better too - always fully stocked, immaculate. While I still like the Breakaway, I felt overall the service on the Gem (we were on it a few years ago) was much better than the Breakaway in all areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums