Private Tour Or Taxi

mpdog42

Hey

I haven't been to Jamaica in a long time. Have a Question about Taxi's from Montego Bay, Does anybody know the Rate (general) to rent a Taxi. Has anybody done this. I did get rate from a Private Tour Company for One Person for around $105.00 for around 6 hours(Of course that is a great deal I think?)

Thanks

Michael

We are docking in Falmouth. DH wants to see how Montego Bay has changed since he was there about 50 years ago. I was thinking about a taxi just to drive around or a private tour. Where did you get a price of $105 for 1 person for a 6 hour tour? That sounds idle for us. He is not interested in beaches or active excursions.

We are docking in Falmouth. DH wants to see how Montego Bay has changed since he was there about 50 years ago. I was thinking about a taxi just to drive around or a private tour. Where did you get a price of $105 for 1 person for a 6 hour tour? That sounds idle for us. He is not interested in beaches or active excursions.

Hi,

Try http://www.yourjamaicantours.com or Go to Trip Advisor under Jamaica and type the info in. I am coming in to MoBay, so mine is a MoBay Highlites tour,.....Rose Hall,.Hip Strip,..Craft Market, My guide is also going to take me to a Grocery Store, I hear that Blue Mountain Coffee is cheaper, and some Real!!:) Jerk Chicken!! Let me know if you checked them out!!!:D

Great Cruising

Michael

We visited a grocery store last time and it was awesome. Memorable purchases that I'll be buying again: Sugar!!! It's beautiful and crunchy on top of muffins and cookies, like sugar in the raw but a little finer and I felt like I was visiting Jamaica again every time I used it. Nuggle candy bars. Delicious and not available anywhere else in the US except specialty stores in NYC, which are not at all convenient for a North Carolina resident. Ginger Beer, jerk seasoning, ginger wine. Most of this stuff is available in the port for about 5 times the cost.

We visited a grocery store last time and it was awesome. Memorable purchases that I'll be buying again: Sugar!!! It's beautiful and crunchy on top of muffins and cookies, like sugar in the raw but a little finer and I felt like I was visiting Jamaica again every time I used it. Nuggle candy bars. Delicious and not available anywhere else in the US except specialty stores in NYC, which are not at all convenient for a North Carolina resident. Ginger Beer, jerk seasoning, ginger wine. Most of this stuff is available in the port for about 5 times the cost.

I try in every port to visit a Locals Grocery Store! You said it all, a lot of cool Stuff and when it comes to Coffee or Other Island Signature Products, Going where the local's go can save you some money!!!

Michael

Which grocery store did you find?

Which grocery store did you find?

We did the Jamaican Culinary Tour right in Falmouth and our guide took me and another woman after the tour privately. He was kind enough to walk us through and show us things he liked himself. So, I can't say really, but I would assume any grocery would do.

• 4 weeks later...

We have booked "Island Transfer and Tours" with pickup in Montego Bay. They have quoted us $150 for 4 people for a 4-5 hour tour.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found yourjamaicantourguide.com with a price of $160 for 2 ppl for a 5 hour tour. His name is Alrick Allen. I told him it was for 2 ppl & that is what he quoted. It might be for 4 ppl. I do have to contact him again & verify & I also have another question. My dh uses a scooter & I wonder if we could take it apart & put in the trunk. That is a long walk from the ship to the tour.

Edited by PTAngel