Cabins 4001 thru 4004 Zuiderdam Yuck?

marluvs2go

I know crazy question but am booking so late the rate is so much lower than a mid ship cabin, I was thinking I could try it? All the way forward Deck 4 Above the show lounge. Sounds and motion could be insane? yet I read two review's that did not mention noise????thanks for your advice...its 11 days so want to be able to enjoy partial transit of Canal on 11/9/16

If it is one of the VE cabins, it should be fine. Motion will be determined by the weather. I don't know about the noise factor. The steel wall verandah is not much different than the verandahs on the "S" class ships.

Enjoy the cruise!

I know crazy question but am booking so late the rate is so much lower than a mid ship cabin, I was thinking I could try it? All the way forward Deck 4 Above the show lounge. Sounds and motion could be insane? yet I read two review's that did not mention noise????thanks for your advice...its 11 days so want to be able to enjoy partial transit of Canal on 11/9/16

We're booked pretty far forward too on the 10/19 cruise on Zuidy..I wanted a shower only & those were the only ones we could get..We'll be back on the 30th, so will try to find this thread again & let you know if we had any noise..I'm just so happy that we are going, that we'll try to roll with the punches..:):)

Suitcases are out & I've started to pack..Packed our rain jackets already as every time we've been in the canal it has rained..:eek:

I know I'll hear it from some on this site, but DH and I have booked 4001 on Oosterdam twice and on purpose! It has a wide view forward and across the bow from the veranda without having people in your way...it was perfect for the Panama Canal...we had room service breakfast and ate out there and enjoyed the process in our pj's. I'm pretty sure Zuiderdam and Oosterdam are sisters and the set up should be the same. We did have anchor noise one morning early, I believe when we were on our Sydney cruise, but otherwise, no worries. Also during the Panama Canal, the boobies would ride the air currents off the bow and were so close I felt I could touch them. One landed on the bell on the bow and just stayed there with me for a while.

And the view of the flying fish was fantastic! So I say go for it, there's not much to lose, you're on a cruise and going through the Canal!

Rachel

We had Cabin 5001 on the Oosterdam and what we experienced was the Anchor Chain noise in tender ports, also, on the return to San Diego we ran into some rough seas and we really felt the up and down motion of the bow, so much so that it felt like we were going to be dumped out of the bed.

There were great views both forward across the bow (lots of dolphins) and off of the balcony.

Have a great cruise