Anyone have recipe for NCL Muesli ?

jaja

I LOVE the mueslix. I have tried making it at home but have never gotten the proportions correct. I have used milk, yogurt, oats and fruit. Never has it tasted near as good as NCL's! Cannot wait to eat this in three days!!!

Lauri

I have not yet had the pleasure, but look forward to it:)

But anything like this that tastes so good, usually has some melted butter and sugar, carmelizing effect going on. So, my basic instinct would have me find my favorite grocery store muesli, and lay it out on a baking sheet, melt some butter and brown sugar together, then drizzle that over the favored muesli, and yum....should be good, but about few hundred calories more than your favored home brand:D still good for a treat though. actually that is not muesli, but granola. so take the granola and make muesli with it.

Edited by SMSACE6

I LOVE the mueslix. I have tried making it at home but have never gotten the proportions correct. I have used milk, yogurt, oats and fruit. Never has it tasted near as good as NCL's! Cannot wait to eat this in three days!!!

Lauri

So enjoy--and if you ask one of the chefs ...they may give you a copy of the recipe...and you could post it here!!!! :) Even though their recipe is large...I am sure we could figure out the proportions for a small batch.;)

(I did that once with another item..the chef sent it later that day to my cabin.)

So, my basic instinct would have me find my favorite grocery store muesli, and lay it out on a baking sheet, melt some butter and brown sugar together, then drizzle that over the favored muesli, and yum....
That does sound yum, but I can't imagine NCL going to that kind of trouble. And I don't think NCL's muesli is based on granola, seems like mostly loose oats and yogurt to me, with fruits and nuts. But who knows if they add juice or honey or cream or crack cocaine, that's one for the chef.

Tell the food and beverage manager how much you love the muesli and that you would love the recipe. More than likely, they will print it out (in normal people proportions) and deliver it to your cabin. That happened on our last cruise, my husband and I were *obsessed* with the chocolate lava cake. We met the F&B Director at one of the gatherings with the senior officers, and he took down my cabin info and sent the recipe a couple of days later.

So enjoy--and if you ask one of the chefs ...they may give you a copy of the recipe...and you could post it here!!!! :) Even though their recipe is large...I am sure we could figure out the proportions for a small batch.;)

(I did that once with another item..the chef sent it later that day to my cabin.)

Edited by atomax

I also enjoyed the Bircher Museli on NCL, but unfortunately I don't have the recipe either. I've tried other cruise lines versions and most are also good.

I found this recipe here on CC, but haven't got around to trying it yet. There are so may Bircher Museli versions on google, let us know if you find a great one!

Swiss Muesli Like Holland America's

4 servings

2 cups rolled oats

1 cup milk

1 tablespoon honey

1 to 2 apples, peeled and grated

1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts or almonds

1 cup low-fat yogurt (any flavor you wish)

Combine oats, milk and honey and leave soaking in the refrigerator overnight.

The next morning, add the grated apple, hazelnuts or almonds, and yogurt.