Norwegian Bliss

shof515

I'm seriously considering booking on Bliss for one of the inaugural AK runs. DW and I love Alaska, and this would be fun. [emoji4]. We would slot it between Escape in May 2018 and MSC SeaView in October 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by UPNYGuy

Hi I'm booked for a studio also dec 1st

Started roll call under other cruise lines

The Bliss Roll Call group is now out on the Norwegian Roll Calls page. In case they can't move it, you may want to start one there and report your original post for deletion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If history repeats itself on the Bliss, I believe Deck 9 has the largest aft facing balconies on Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape, followed by 12. I think the smallest someone mentioned is Deck 13.

Based on knowledge or experience from previous away and away+ class ships, which deck would have the largest (aft) balcony for B1 category?

I also see that there are 2 Mini suite w/large balcony cabins (M6) on deck 10 aft, but I can't seem to find availability for these rooms for ANY of the Caribbean sailings- any suggestions?

I'm ok with the smaller bed, but what about that bottom? it looks hard.

can we put suitcases underneath still?

I'm kind of sad about the smaller bed tbh, that was one of the great things about the Studios was that it had a bigger bed!

Just booked today, Panama Canal Nov 3, 2018 LA to Miami. There is already a roll call up and running. Have not had a chance to go back through this thread. Anyone know if Bliss will have a Waterfront area? I did not follow the Joy, so I don't know if she had one or not. Very glad NCL is returning to the Obvservation Lounges. And, looks like Haven has their own, and yet another for the rest of the masses.

Anyone know if Bliss will have a Waterfront area? I did not follow the Joy, so I don't know if she had one or not.

It definitely appears that Joy is continuing on with the Waterfront concept...

43e986222fb267b053e6c2ea7341119c.jpg

(Thanks to FreestyleNovice, as usual, for the great photo finds!)

Maybe I'm blind, but can someone point me in the direction for the cruise right before the first Alaskan cruise??? Was thinking of a B2B

From what I can (or cannot) see the Panama Canal cruise disembarks in Los Angeles on May 25 and the first Alaska cruise embarks from Seattle on June 2. There is nothing in between. That makes me wonder if it's another cruise for industry professionals on the West Coast. That might make sense as Bliss also has no sailings listed between disembarkation in New York on May 3 and embarkation in Miami on May 10.

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

There seems to be a void between the Panama canal cruise arriving in LA on May 25, 2018 and the first Alaskan cruise on June 2, 2018 - as I posted above my TA couldn't find anything on the NCL site but he feels there is probably a short Mexican Riviera cruise and then some kind of quick coastal to Seattle.

Guess you could always phone NCL and see if they know.

Cheers!

Dennis

From what I can (or cannot) see the Panama Canal cruise disembarks in Los Angeles on May 25 and the first Alaska cruise embarks from Seattle on June 2. There is nothing in between. That makes me wonder if it's another cruise for industry professionals on the West Coast. That might make sense as Bliss also has no sailings listed between disembarkation in New York on May 3 and embarkation in Miami on May 10.

That makes sense, would have been lovely to have taken it up the coast to Seattle.

There seems to be a void between the Panama canal cruise arriving in LA on May 25, 2018 and the first Alaskan cruise on June 2, 2018 - as I posted above my TA couldn't find anything on the NCL site but he feels there is probably a short Mexican Riviera cruise and then some kind of quick coastal to Seattle.

Guess you could always phone NCL and see if they know.

Cheers!

Dennis

Phoned NCL this morning and they aren't showing anything. They also are not showing anything for the 1 night in between the last Alaska sailing for the season in Sept. and the start of the Pacific Coastal. Not exactly sure what I'm wanting to do. But I had in my head to do a back to back at the beginning or the ending of the Alaska season.

I think it's because they are waiting for low tide. I'm surprised the Bliss would fit under the Lions Gate bridge at all. The Bliss is 20 decks high and I know some 15 and 16 deck ships that could not fit under the bridge. The only thing I could think of is they are building it with a fold down mast.

I too am curious about whether the ship can get under the Lions Gate Bridge - while it supposedly has a 1:30 AM departure what time would it be arriving.

Cheers!

Dennis

It looks like they have flexibility getting into the port because the 7-night Alaska sailing ends in Seattle on 9/29 and this 5-night PC starts on 9/30. It just makes me really nervous that they are relying on the tide to get under the bridge, in and out.

Some things I noticed about Bliss;

Nespresso coffeemakers shown in both balcony and mini suite renders;

900x312_BLISS_Meta_MiniSuite_.jpg

Mini (notice the deep cupboard?)

900x312_BLISS_Meta_Balcony.jpg

Balcony

As we all know renders aren't the real thing but who knows?

And the Spa staterooms aft on 15, as posted before, so the Spa might be on 16? Deck 14 is full cabin.

Some things I noticed about Bliss;

900x312_BLISS_Meta_MiniSuite_.jpg

Mini (notice the deep cupboard?)

900x312_BLISS_Meta_Balcony.jpg

Balcony

As we all know renders aren't the real thing but who knows?

And the Spa staterooms aft on 15, as posted before, so the Spa might be on 16? Deck 14 is full cabin.

Interesting!!!

We are in search of information and the floor plan for the Haven Aft Facing Penthouse - if you run across one.

We're not expecting it to be much different than the others we've had on the Breakaway, Getaway and Escape. But there's always that "bath or bed by the balcony" conversation with those cabins!

NCL.com acts like it got a photo - but it doesn't come up for viewing. [emoji20]

I wonder if this is some kind of artist rendering tease. That would seem like an awfully expensive addition, unless the pods were part of the mini-bar service. Which I'd be fine with.

I received a Nespresso for Xmas, after we loved ours on the Dawn.

Good eye!

I wonder if this is some kind of artist rendering tease. That would seem like an awfully expensive addition, unless the pods were part of the mini-bar service. Which I'd be fine with.

I received a Nespresso for Xmas, after we loved ours on the Dawn.

Good eye!

Was thinking the same, they aren't cheap pods! The Haven room renders showed the Nespresso plus the milk frother add on btw.