Price drop after final payment

The key is if it's after final payment date. If it's after final payment date, then Royal gives no credit of any kind. The only exception is if you booked within the last 48 hours, then you can get OBC.

Edited by clarea

If you've already made your final payment and booked through Royal what do you do if you see a price drop?

What does Royal do for you in that circumstance?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

If the price drops on a category above yours then ask for upgrade...

Ie you booked Balcony for $1,000 and JS was $1,500 and Balcony is now $800 while JS is $1,000 then call for upgrade.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Another key point to make is if you are or aren't past the final payment due date. I say this because if you've made final payment but it's not the actual final payment due date then you are good.

You can just simply call and they will refund you the difference back to your credit card. Sometimes it takes a week or so, but it will come! Key is, again, if it's still before due date.

You might be able to upgrade for little or no extra cost.

That is a true statement and I do check on occasion for that reason. However, if one is prone to disappointment and is going to have a difficult time knowing their current category has a lower price and they cannot take advantage of it - that person is much better off never checking.

I experienced this a few days ago. We made final payment on an large oceanview cabin. A few days later, I checked the price on a Superior Oceanview balcony room and it was over $400 cheaper than the oceanview cabin. I called and received an upgrade to the balcony cabin but they could not do anything about the $400 difference. I still have the option to upgrade to a Junior Suite for roughly $300.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2409596

I agree with LisaAtlCruiser; you made a decision for your cruise, you selected a cabin, the price was within your budget, and I'm sure you didn't make the reservation with the intention of changing it. So, don't bother checking, it just may cause you aggravation. Enjoy your cruise!