Catagory FV Guarantee

stinsowm

Hello everyone!

Anyone ever book a catagory FV Guarantee type cabin? I have sailed these type of cabins before and love them, but I would be afraid that I would be upgraded to a Sky Suite and be disappointed. : ) Looking specifically at the April 2nd 2006 sailing of the Infinity.

Thanks,

Walter

I see that Century has NS (Century Suite) category in the same position as the FV on Millenium ships, but it looks like a tiny balcony. Just as the deck plans say the FV have a standard size balcony, what can I expect on Century? The description is a mini suite with small balcony, so I'm guessing it does not extend like those on Millenium class. I need to book soon, so please let me know. Thanks

Celebrity is offering a Verandah Stateroom Guarantee for the 12/24/2005 Millenium sailing at the price of $2,000 on Cruises.com. We paid the same amount for an inside guarantee more than a month ago. With the Verandah Stateroom Guarantee you will not be given any stateroom in a lower category. Does Celebrity offer any price matches? I have a call into my travel agent to see if they will meet or beat the offer. However, since I am paid in full I doubt they will. Any suggestions..:confused:

Now that you have said they have come up shortly before sailing as a garantee - well that explains it. That is probably a last minute cancellation that has come up as available again. The other possiblity is these cabins are no longer sold on the regular market - you need to fullfil a certain pax no. to get them. However Transatlantic cruises don't often have many kids. So you might find that these cabins only become available for double bookings very late now

Today I saw rare Cat FV guarantee on our June 3 Summit Alaska sailing. I pulled it up after entering 2 pax and it appeared at X's website APPARENTLY available for booking. I called my TA right away to upgrade our Cat 2C cabin to the FV guarantee, but the X agent said "minimum 4 pax" to get FV booking. When aprised of the website opportunity, the agent told my TA it was a 'ongoing website glitch" that it appeared available for 2.

My wife and I have had an FV before as just two, and last year as group of 3. I know X's rules can change, but they seem to causing a 'runaround' with this website discrepancy(?). Any suggestions - can one fight City Hall? Anyhow, I'm providing the webpage printout showing the availability to my TA who is due for an X regional sales manager visit soon - at least I can 'vent' a little about the situation.;)

I think past CC board comments have indicated a VARIETY of experiences on the headcount for an FV booking. I'm ok with X setting their rules, but at least don't string us along with the apparent website availability.

Today I saw rare Cat FV guarantee on our June 3 Summit Alaska sailing. I pulled it up after entering 2 pax and it appeared at X's website APPARENTLY available for booking. I called my TA right away to upgrade our Cat 2C cabin to the FV guarantee, but the X agent said "minimum 4 pax" to get FV booking. When aprised of the website opportunity, the agent told my TA it was a 'ongoing website glitch" that it appeared available for 2.

My wife and I have had an FV before as just two, and last year as group of 3. I know X's rules can change, but they seem to causing a 'runaround' with this website discrepancy(?). Any suggestions - can one fight City Hall? Anyhow, I'm providing the webpage printout showing the availability to my TA who is due for an X regional sales manager visit soon - at least I can 'vent' a little about the situation.;)

I think past CC board comments have indicated a VARIETY of experiences on the headcount for an FV booking. I'm ok with X setting their rules, but at least don't string us along with the apparent website availability.

Archived