Epic. Cabin options for three people

Trickster999

IMO I think your 40yo daughter would be more comfortable in a real bed vs. the sofa bed in the cabin. We have been on the Epic twice with our son. First time he was 11 and the sofa bed was fine. Last time he was 15 but he is 6'2" and 230 pounds and we got him an inside room across the hall from our balcony. We have been on several cruises and as my son got taller and became a football player we had to adjust our travel arrangements. Also, 3 adults in an Epic cabin is tight but it can be done. There are many photos of the cabins. I would have her take a look and see if she could deal with the sofa bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I didn't realise the sofa converted into a bed.

The two of us didn't mind the bathroom set up at all. Even the little sink was ok. The arrangement means when one person is using one of the items the other one can use the other.

Are the studios all inside cabins?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've just booked all my family on Epic next May half term from Barcelona😝 There will be 10 of us, so to help with my budget, my son & family( wife & 2 teenagers) will be in an inside family room, on deck 13. Does anyone out there have any info on these cabins please? I just wondered about the configuration of the beds as the 2 teenagers( boy 17, girl 13) are quite tall & I cant imagine they will be happy to have to share a bed!!!:eek::eek:

Hi, I've just booked all my family on Epic next May half term from Barcelona There will be 10 of us, so to help with my budget, my son & family( wife & 2 teenagers) will be in an inside family room, on deck 13. Does anyone out there have any info on these cabins please? I just wondered about the configuration of the beds as the 2 teenagers( boy 17, girl 13) are quite tall & I cant imagine they will be happy to have to share a bed!!!:eek::eek:

They will be in pull down berths above the other bed. There will be 4 of you sharing 128 square feet. I would seriously look at getting two rooms.

check out this thread for a picture:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2229315

Edited by nolatravelgirl

Hi, I've just booked all my family on Epic next May half term from Barcelona😝 There will be 10 of us, so to help with my budget, my son & family( wife & 2 teenagers) will be in an inside family room, on deck 13. Does anyone out there have any info on these cabins please? I just wondered about the configuration of the beds as the 2 teenagers( boy 17, girl 13) are quite tall & I cant imagine they will be happy to have to share a bed!!!:eek::eek:

I have done the inside on the Pearl with 4 people, me, husband, 18 teenager and 11 yr old. It was just too small. The bed situation was terrible. One coming down from ceiling which was fine, but the other one was a trundle bed that they put up between the 2 twin beds. So if one of the children would like to sleep between their parents or beside their parents fine. If you can do 2 inside rooms I would suggest it.

Not been in a family inside, but they appear to be the same size as a normal inside cabin with extra pull down beds. Having shared an inside on the Epic with my partner I would say there is no way on earth you want 4 full-size people in that cabin. Two adults was cosy but fine. Maybe fine for 2 adults and two small kids... maybe. But 2 teenagers? You'll be tripping over each other and there is little privacy to get changed or dry off after a shower.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

My Step Daughter cursed with us on the Sun (her fare was free due to a promo) to Alaska in September.

We had never done three to a cabin before. I worried about storage room, privacy and overall cabin space.

It worked out pretty well. Daughter said the sofa bed was fine. Still, when the bed was opened for sleeping, it eliminated any use of the small desk area and made it difficult to go out on the balcony. However, this was not a problem, since no one overslept.

A couple of points. Use of the rest room was a big one for me, since I am 68 and when I need access, I need it. I usually woke up prior to the wake up call and used the bathroom as well as shaved. Then I would go pickup some breakfast. DW and Daughter would be either getting ready for going out for a tour or on sea days, Daughter was going to fitness center.

I would bring back yogurt, coffee and a roll to DW for her breakfast. She is not a big breakfast person.

If NCL has the free 3rd and 4th persons in the cabin, managing with more than two makes sense.