Is it necessary to bring beach towels.

Is it necessary to bring beach towels for use at the pool and the beaches? I thought I remembered when we went on our last cruise there were towels you could use and when you got off the boat there were big stacks of them and everybody just took one. I may be thinking of a completely different trip.

Thanks

Yes, the ship provides towels. It's entirely up to you if you want to bring your own. However, if you're trying to keep packing to a minimum, you may want to leave the beach towels at home. We used to pack a beach bag to carry our beach towels, sun block, water bottles, etc. in. But that's a lot for one person (usually me) to carry around. So, a few years ago, I bought packable backpacks for each of us. The backpacks fold up very small and take up less room than a thin beach towel. No one person has to carry everything. And besides, when the Carnival towels get wet and/or sandy, we exchange them for clean dry towels. Less laundry for us to take care of. ;)

I agree that the towels are large and heavy to carry around. But I prefer them to carrying my own. Especially when I am spending time at the beach. I am really not interested in trying to get the sand out of my own towel. I just let Carnival take care of it by using their towels. Not to mention waiting for your towels to dry.

Edited by luv2trvlnow

The ship does provide towels. The best part is they change them out for you when you reboard after been on port so you can have a fresh towel very easily. I found mine took a long time to dry. The down side is everyone has the same towel so yours doesn't stand out. Also they are thick which is great but it makes them heavy.

I may look into the microfiber ones posted on this thread. Looks interesting.

Is it necessary to bring beach towels for use at the pool and the beaches? I thought I remembered when we went on our last cruise there were towels you could use and when you got off the boat there were big stacks of them and everybody just took one. I may be thinking of a completely different trip.

Thanks

You don't have to bring towels but you can.

It's been quite a while since I was last on a Carnival ship, but there was a time when Atlantis/Nassau denied the use of CCL towels to be displayed on their loungers at the resort . . . and their own issued towels were part of the excursions booked there.

I'm going to assume that policy has changed . . . and I thought it was odd at the time it was in place (especially since it was not enforced across all visiting cruise lines).

I get those super thin beach towels from walmart and literally four of them rolled up together equal one normal beach towel. It's cheap..16$ for four and if I lose them oh well , it's a lot cheaper than the 26$ for losing one of Carnival's bulky ole towels! ;)

No reason to lug them from home and take up valuable packing space coming and going.

They have them on board waiting for you.

hello!!! look above, microfiber towels take no more room than a t-shirt, no lugging

I have a question for those who bring towels from home: How do you clean them? I know that after a day of sweat, sunscreen, sand, and salt water, the Carnival towels are pretty ripe.

Curious minds want to know.

There's a self-service laundry onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There's a self-service laundry onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am certainly not going to spend the time to find a machine and then do a beach towel. Especially since it cost around $3 per washer and dryer. $6 to clean a beach towel???!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I'll just let Carnival do the work and use their towels. The extra weight of their towels is worth it to not deal with the wet, sandy, sunscreen smell of the towels after a day in port.