Free on board drinks vs. Bottomless Bubbles

bookmomoftwins

Cruising in December on Freedom, and we're not big soda drinkers, but drink lots of iced tea, water, and lemonade. Are the free beverages like this offered many places? Would we be better off getting Bottomless Bubbles anyway? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Yes there are plenty of free juice, tea, coffee and hot chocolate selections all over the ship. If you want, you can bring cans of iced tea or juice as long as it is canned. They switch the drink flavors so sometimes they have one selection in the morning and switch in the afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cruising in December on Freedom, and we're not big soda drinkers, but drink lots of iced tea, water, and lemonade. Are the free beverages like this offered many places? Would we be better off getting Bottomless Bubbles anyway? Thanks in advance for any advice.

So why get the soda package ?

If you're light soda drinkers I would skip bottomless bubbles, there is plenty of free juice, ice tea , lemonade, milk and water. If you think you might need some soda you are allowed up to 12 CANS of non-alcohol drinks per person. On our last cruise we had the Fun Shops deliver a couple of cases of bottled water to our room and brought on a 12 pack each of soda. I had left over soda on a 7 day cruise. I never did drink the tea or lemonade as I have gotten accustomed to drinking only water at home.

So why get the soda package ?

I wasn't sure until reading everyone's replies if the tea/lemonade was available all the time, or just at meals. I think we can just skip getting a beverage package, yay! Are the cups provided with the free drinks okay to be poolside, or do we need to bring non-glass ones of our own to bring to the pool? And is the Lido deck the only place they are available?

I wasn't sure until reading everyone's replies if the tea/lemonade was available all the time, or just at meals. I think we can just skip getting a beverage package, yay! Are the cups provided with the free drinks okay to be poolside, or do we need to bring non-glass ones of our own to bring to the pool? And is the Lido deck the only place they are available?

They use plastic cups, you can bring your own if you like (especially if you want a lid). Anywhere there is food there are usually a drink machine. I like the bottled water because you can bring them to shows.

I wasn't sure until reading everyone's replies if the tea/lemonade was available all the time, or just at meals. I think we can just skip getting a beverage package, yay! Are the cups provided with the free drinks okay to be poolside, or do we need to bring hnon-glass ones of our own to bring to the pool? And is the Lido deck the only place they are available?

You can use the plastic cups that are provided, but they are quite small and don't have a lid or anything. I always bring an insulated cup with a lid so I can have more at one stop and it stays cold longer.

PS Have a great time!

Edited by momof3cruisers

If you are particular about your tea you may want to bring some tea bags with you. I thought my mother was going to die from Tetleys with drawl on our last cruise.

They have like 4 different tea-bags out so I make my own ice-tea ;)

If Ice water, coffee, tea, lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast are good for you, there is no need to buy ANY package!

Water is avail. at any bar or eating venue. Coffee and tea, milk, juice (breakfast) and water are at any dining venue....lemonade is avail in the buffet. You may take drinks from anywhere to anywhere.

If you decide you want something different, ANYTHING can be bought without a package!

Thanks so much for all the helpful responses--I know it seems like a small thing, but I'm doing the research for 3 cabins worth of family, so I wanted to make sure I knew what the deal was. I'd much rather spend money on an excursion we really want to do, so not having to get a drink plan is great news.