Pride of America Oct 8th 2016 pictures

rockfsh

We rented a car in every port but Kona. We are locals so know our way around but if you plan in advance and have a GPS app on your phone , it's easy. Check other reviews for tours. Roberts has a good reputation.

Guess I read your posts to fast. In both LIH and OGG where did you rent from, and did you keep the car overnight. I did read you did 2nd day in Maui on ship.

Mahalo

Howzit, you're on the hill, we're down in Kahala. My daughter is getting married in July and wants to come home and take the POA island cruise. Did you have a rental car in LIH? If so, shuttle to pick it up, or Kauai transit bus? Parking at port overnight for rental?

Mahalo

We rented from Enterprise on Maui, Hilo and Lihue. They have a shuttle service to ship. In Lihue the shuttle pick up is in a different area from the tour bus pickup. It is on the City side of the port building. A shopping center within easy walking distance of the port allows rental car parking . There is a fee (I think) for parking there. They give you a placard to put in the car window. I may be able to see your house from mine. :)

Edited by rockfsh

Guess I read your posts to fast. In both LIH and OGG where did you rent from, and did you keep the car overnight. I did read you did 2nd day in Maui on ship.

Mahalo

Enterprise. There is no overnight parking in Maui. Some passengers did park at the Maui Mall but you might get towed if you do that.

Enterprise. There is no overnight parking in Maui. Some passengers did park at the Maui Mall but you might get towed if you do that.

I guess they could check on parking at the airport overnight. Mahalo for the reply. Look for the house with da crooked coconut trees in Kahala.

Last question! How did you get to rental car in OGG? I've found parking at my friends house, he said he lives closer to dock than I live to Kahala Mall. Mahalo for all the info, my daughter really appreciates it as do I. Dad gets to do most of her honeymoon research.

Most rental companies will shuttle to the rental office near the airport. Shuttles run every 15 minutes to OGG. Shuttles back to ship, every half hour.

Shuttle waiting line is the last area after walking straight through the building.

There is a sign. On return you must show a picture ID as well as Freestyle ship card on shuttle as a guard inspects each passenger to allow access to the secured dock area. The area is fenced in with a guard house at entrance where you must show ID.

• 1 month later...