any dancing on the Eclipse

frenchmeg

Hi,

Is there a nightclub on the Eclipse, or any dancing in any lounge? I know there's no piano bar, but we do like to have some kind of Entertainment... Late forties, but we like to dance!

thanks

frenchmeg

Yes there are. There are a couple of places for sure. We were on the Eclipse for the Holiday cruise last year and there were folks dancing in the Grand Foyer and in the lounge on deck 12 or 13. They have bands and we saw many people dancing. In the lounge there was plenty of night life after 9:00 or so. Have a great cruise and you will love the ship. We are on the Equinox in Jan. this year.

Hi,

Is there a nightclub on the Eclipse, or any dancing in any lounge? I know there's no piano bar, but we do like to have some kind of Entertainment... Late forties, but we like to dance!

thanks

frenchmeg

Hello Meg,

Incorrect there there is no piano bar. Check out the Ensemble Lounge, located between the specialty restaurants and centrum.

That said, that venue is not suitable for dancing, better go to the Sky Lounge for that.

~Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My quarrel with the foyer area of the Solstice class ships is that on formal (elegant chic) nights when folks seem to like to dance, photographers occupy part of that small area to take pictures of guests on the grand staircase right there thus reducing even further the small space for dancing. I don't think even ten couples can comfortably dance there when photographers are plying their trade.

Another thing, folks seated on other floors can and do look down to watch the dancers. Maybe some dancers don't mind being part of a spectacle, but for me, it is uncomfortable to dance with so many looking on.

On a positive note, the small bands that do play at the foyer are usually pretty good and you can enjoy the music even on floors above the foyer.

Eclipse has the Quasar nightclub. It's been empty on previous cruises but on our recent cruise they had the silent disco in there 3 nights of the cruise and it was very popular. Great fun for all ages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kevin York, i'm so sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm really curious what a silent disco is. It sounds very interesting.

Think its where you where headphones /at least thats how it works at festivals/you can choose from a few styles - its quite odd in a fun way because if everyone is dancing to an even spread of the music you can see how everyones out of sync with your beat - but its fun trying to guess what they must be dancing too and trying to spot those who have the same channel as you

Edited by ighten

Hi,

thanks

frenchmeg

Look in your 'daily' and it will tell you what is on where and when.

Most cruises invite passengers to join a group can't remember exactly what they call it (first sea day?) and they choreograph a couple of songs they 'show' later in the cruise. I have watched these on several occasions and it looks like fun (I use my bad knee as an excuse for not joining in!).