Carnival Vista: Rope course height requirements? Saltwater pools? and other question

anka-morfin

hi, I'm wondering if there's a height-weight limit on sky ropes course. My daughter really wants to try it and I have to tell her in advance if she can't - she's only 5 although pretty tall. Do young kids do that course?

Also are the pools saltwater or freshwater? And is there some behind-the-scenes tour offered at all? We always wanted to try a tour like that.

Just got off the Breeze, height requirement for ropes course was 48 inches with 300 lb max weight. Pretty sure it's the same on Vista.My 7 yo DS was too short but my 10 & 12 yo did it several times.

Oh no she'll be upset! but at least I can tell her in advance, thanks.

Oh btw and is there ice-cream machine on the ship? That's the most important question for my daughter :)

Yes, there will be at least 2 on the Lido buffet area.

Yummy!

Enjoy!:D

Tell your daughter that the ice cream machines are open 24 hours a day. She'll love that.

Your other questions seem to have been covered, but this one...

is there some behind-the-scenes tour offered at all? We always wanted to try a tour like that.

Yes. It's called "Behind the Fun" and you have to buy it on board. For more details, you can refer to Carnival's page at https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1386/~/carnival%E2%80%99s-%E2%80%98behind-the-fun%E2%80%99-tour .

that is not correct. they are saltwater pools.

Beach Pool

Salt water pool: 30' x 16' / depth 4'6"

Tides Pool and Tides Bar

Saltwater pool: 21' x 16' / depth 4'6"

Hmm- have you sailed on Vista and can confirm pools are saltwater? I'm pretty sure I remember John Heald saying they were freshwater on his fb page. I only ask for clarification as I have a 6 and 3 yo who will want to know if their goggles are needed in the pool too.

Hmm- have you sailed on Vista and can confirm pools are saltwater? I'm pretty sure I remember John Heald saying they were freshwater on his fb page. I only ask for clarification as I have a 6 and 3 yo who will want to know if their goggles are needed in the pool too.

that information i posted is directly from carnival.

no, i have not. i wish i have! but the next two posts from people i assume have corroborate the same.

plan on them being salt water pools. goggles ready!

that information i posted is directly from carnival.

no, i have not. i wish i have! but the next two posts from people i assume have corroborate the same.

plan on them being salt water pools. goggles ready!

I've sailed the Vista twice. Pools are saltwater and glaringly undersized for the amount of passengers onboard.

I remember John saying that as well.

Thank you all. So saltwater that is. We love this actually! One of the reasons we're going cruising is fighting some ongoing upper respiratory disease and ocean air everywhere really helps with that. If it's in the pools as well - even better. Although we're not planning to use the pools that much.

Edited by anka-morfin