Carnival SPlendor cabin 7443

Le Cruiser

I haven't been here in almost a year so I hope I remember how to post!!

We just book cabin 7443 on the Splendor. It's on of the aft-area cabins with the odd shape in the aft corner. We know from our PVP that there is a crew-only stairway behind the cabin, which he assures us we'll never hear. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience in either 7443 or any of the other similar cabins they could share? I've seen photos on the site that people post their cabin pics to and I like how the bed faces the window.

Thanks!!

We just book cabin 7443 on the Splendor. It's on of the aft-area cabins with the odd shape in the aft corner. We know from our PVP that there is a crew-only stairway behind the cabin, which he assures us we'll never hear. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience in either 7443 or any of the other similar cabins they could share? I've seen photos on the site that people post their cabin pics to and I like how the bed faces the window.

Thanks!!

That cabin, on any of the ships that have it is our "go-to" cabin. While you don't get a couch, we think the bigger balcony more than makes up for it. We also like that the bed faces the window and balcony door.

I was apprehensive about the stairwell as you are, but we have stayed in this cabin on the Freedom, the Magic and the Dream, and never heard a sound from the stairwell.

That cabin, on any of the ships that have it is our "go-to" cabin. While you don't get a couch, we think the bigger balcony more than makes up for it. We also like that the bed faces the window and balcony door.

I was apprehensive about the stairwell as you are, but we have stayed in this cabin on the Freedom, the Magic and the Dream, and never heard a sound from the stairwell.

I just booked the same cabin on the Splendor but one above you. I did ALOT of research and everyone seemed to enjoy these odd shaped cabins. When do you cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are booked in 7434 on Splendor for Oct 30th cruise. After reading reviews and posts about it and its layout, we are excited to try it. Sure no sofa, but double the balcony for no extra charge? Yes, please!

I just booked the same cabin on the Splendor but one above you. I did ALOT of research and everyone seemed to enjoy these odd shaped cabins. When do you cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Forgot to answer you.... we sail on the splendor on 4/9/17, for my 60th bday.

We have had L-shaped cabins on Splendor - they are great! Had 7443 last year. The year before that had L-shaped 8457 on deck 8. Only problem with that cabin was that we heard chairs/lounges scrapping in the early morning. If you are a light sleeper, I would try to avoid that cabin. That is why we dropped down one deck last year. Love the balcony, though. Never heard a sound from the crew stairway.

Edited by pe4all

PE4All - you had the noise issue with deck chairs when you were on deck 8, yes? Deck 7 has cabins above and below it (we always choose deck 7 for that reason, much less noise). But thank you for the information about crew noise and the balcony - the more we think it was a great choice for us.

I had this odd shaped balcony on the Victory and I LOVED it! I almost---well, now that I think about it, I did like it better than the Suite I had on the Legend, only it didn't come with all of the Suite perks. but it is nice, quiet cabin. you will love it.

Thanks!!

We had that cabin on the Splendor last year. Check out my 6/29/15 Splendor review for more pics. Great cabin!! :)

I had this odd shaped balcony on the Victory and I LOVED it! I almost---well, now that I think about it, I did like it better than the Suite I had on the Legend, only it didn't come with all of the Suite perks. but it is nice, quiet cabin. you will love it.

Thanks!! We sailed on the Legend twice and it's still our favorite ship. But happy to be hearing such good things about this cabin.

PE4All - you had the noise issue with deck chairs when you were on deck 8, yes? Deck 7 has cabins above and below it (we always choose deck 7 for that reason, much less noise). But thank you for the information about crew noise and the balcony - the more we think it was a great choice for us.

Yes - deck 8 was the problem. We have had L-shaped cabins on Liberty and Freedom also, and always try to get deck 7. We took deck 8 as it was the only L left on Splendor when we booked. Dropped back to L on deck 7 last Feb. as it was available. I think you will love the cabin - we didn't miss the couch. Our only other problem was that the bathroom door would jam against the bed cause there wasn't enough room to open it with the beds separated. (cruised with dd) If your bed is not separated you won't have that problem. Enjoy!

Yes - deck 8 was the problem. We have had L-shaped cabins on Liberty and Freedom also, and always try to get deck 7. We took deck 8 as it was the only L left on Splendor when we booked. Dropped back to L on deck 7 last Feb. as it was available. I think you will love the cabin - we didn't miss the couch. Our only other problem was that the bathroom door would jam against the bed cause there wasn't enough room to open it with the beds separated. (cruised with dd) If your bed is not separated you won't have that problem. Enjoy!

Thanks again, Pe4all - we're counting down the days (ssssssslllllllooooowwwwllllyyyy) until we're in that cabin.