?'s re Black Friday Sale & Missing HMC in Winter

keishashadow

Considering booking a shorter cruise 2nd week of January to combine with a sporting event one of my DSs will be coaching in Florida.

Waiting for him to get vacation confirmation from work and have my eye on a couple different Carnival cruises that fit the dates. Once I get the green light to book, had thought to perhaps wait until after final payment date to see if any substantial price drops.

Currently, rates still seem high to me and I'm seeing many cabins in every category. Not sure how the 4 & 5 day winter cruises tend to typically book or price out.:confused: Can't say I found a great deal the one time I booked a 7 day on CCL after final payment date, but it was in the summer and had a nice itinerary.

Does anybody remember if Black Friday sale last year produced any deals on the shorter cruises? Might wait it out if so.

Also, wondering if HMC port of call tends to be cancelled in the winter due to rougher waters.

Edited by keishashadow

If the cruise is not selling as they plan it to, you will probebly see price drops. As for HMC, since its in the Atlantic it can experience high seas and get cancelled. Also, it can be quite cool, not your typical warm summer day. We were there in January, it was really cool with a breeze. A little uncomfortable to be laying out on the beach.

I don't know about Black Friday deals, but we just got a pretty "crazy" awesome deal last week--I don't know if it was a one-day sale or what, but we had originally booked through the current VIFP promotion, and then there was what seemed like a 24 hour sale, and the rates went down about 120 per room which seemed like a nice price drop. I'm sort of hoping that once final payment comes around prices will drop and then we will move into an OS or spa balcony for a better price. I'd just suggest keeping an eye for those type sales, it was totally unexpected.

As for Half Moon Cay, I've only been there in summer, but I could see how rough seas would result in it being cancelled.

Considering booking a shorter cruise 2nd week of January to combine with a sporting event one of my DSs will be coaching in Florida.

Waiting for him to get vacation confirmation from work and have my eye on a couple different Carnival cruises that fit the dates. Once I get the green light to book, had thought to perhaps wait until after final payment date to see if any substantial price drops.

Currently, rates still seem high to me and I'm seeing many cabins in every category. Not sure how the 4 & 5 day winter cruises tend to typically book or price out.:confused: Can't say I found a great deal the one time I booked a 7 day on CCL after final payment date, but it was in the summer and had a nice itinerary.

Does anybody remember if Black Friday sale last year produced any deals on the shorter cruises? Might wait it out if so.

Also, wondering if HMC port of call tends to be cancelled in the winter due to rougher waters.

Two of the last 3 times my cruise was supposed to call at HMC, the port stop was cancelled due to weather. Being a tender port makes it more vulnerable to cancellation.

Here is a list of last year's Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6671

Prices have definitely been higher this year. Carnival doesn't discount last minute as much as they used to. It's anybody's guess what prices will do for a particular cruise.

Hope it works out well for you.

Just wanted to update I've been monitoring the rates closely for several days.

A two-window OV opened up yesterday on the Sunshine sailing (love those cabins)!

Then, saw a different PG rate that was substantially lower than the CLIA one (although as I understood it, that rate was akin to the Early saver that I missed. However, it cost almost 35% more, so I passed)

I jumped woohoo

One final question as it's been awhile since I sailed CCL...

If I see that a balcony opens up between now & sale date, will I still be able to pay the difference in price and upgrade? There are no OBCs associated with current booking btw

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by keishashadow