Carnival Sunshine

Jeffrey1950

Just off the ship today in New York. Service good, food good, ship clean but boy the ship was often cold....bring warm clothes, you will be glad that you did !!

Funny on our trip two weeks ago, I felt the ship wasn't cold enough! Very hot in places, otherwise she was great, glad you had a good cruise.

Just off the ship today in New York. Service good, food good, ship clean but boy the ship was often cold....bring warm clothes, you will be glad that you did !!

Thanks for the"heads up" about this. We are sailing Sunshine this Sunday.

It's all relative. Some people are always cold, others not so much. We were onboard this cruise and I didn't find the ship cold at all. In fact, most places inside I found fairly warm, particularly the comedy club. The only place that was cold was the open deck.

All, I know is pack some warm clothes. Even some crew were wearing sweaters. Sitting in the buffet in the evening I noticed many passenger's wearing heavier clothing. Trust me you will be glad that you brought some. The weather outside was nice with an exception of one day when I found it to be really cold. I was even able to sit out on my balcony without a sweater. Besides, no one says you have to wear it but what would you do if you found yourself cold and nothing warm to put on...remember, it is almost Nov.

Our 9/24 Sunshine Canada/NE sailing was very cold in some of the public rooms, especially around deck 5 Ocean Terrace when you turned the corner to get to the elevator lobby. It was like being smacked in the face by an icy cold wave.

Our cabin on deck 5 was also way too cold. The engineer came several times and told us that the ship takes in fresh air. So if the outside temps are cold, cold air is pushed throughout the ship. He did totally turn off the blower. Our cabin steward provided us with extra blankets and we dressed in layers with socks to sleep at night.

Many passengers wore their outside garments on the ship. Staff had on their polar fleece jackets, but the poor servers in the buffet wore shorts the entire cruise since that is their uniform.

On the second elegant night I even wore a pair of leggings under my long skirt! So glad I took them with me to use in the ports. Never thought I would be wearing them on the ship at night!:D

MARAPRINCE

We also bring layers when we sail this period. Thanks for the feedback.

We did a B to B on the Sunshine with two different itineraries. The first (Oct 1-8) was to Bermuda and we found the ship to be hot almost everywhere, but especially in the comedy club. The next week (Oct 8-13) we went to Saint John and Halifax, and I could not believe the difference in temperatures inside the ship....it was freezing. The comedy club was the only place that was warm enough on that cruise!

Edited by Chrislynn55

When I was on the ship Oct. 13th. to the 17th. I had to call ask for someone to check the lack of heat in my cabin, that was at 7.40 in the morning by 11 am no one came and I went to The Guest Service Desk and I was told they would look into it I asked the rep why do you keep the ship so cold and was told " it is a ship and there are doors being opened all the time " I saw people sitting in the Buffet Restaurant wearing their outdoor jackets as they were eating. If Carnival continues to treat passengers in this manner they I am sure will start to loose regular passengers.