Recently off Conquest -- any questions?, plus some answers

Pellaz

We are currently ruse shopping and I'm leaning toward the Conquest for Feb. 2017. I see it isn't due for refurbishment until later that year. I know the last one was in 2012. Could you fill me in on the current overall condition of the ship. Thanks in advance!

JoAnn

I'd say she's in very good shape. We didn't notice anything really out of the ordinary or broken down on our trip, and at one of the ports (Amber Cove I think) a work-crew was freshening up the "Carnival Conquest" paintwork under our aft balcony.

I was comparing the ship to other recent Carnival ships I've sailed and found that she was on par with Freedom and a little less "fresh" than Liberty (but we were on Liberty shortly after her FunShip 2.0 drydock, several years ago now).

Conquest is in much better shape than Victory was a few years ago, where there were lights out in many places, worn-down painted trim in public areas, etc.

I think you'll be fine with Conquest.

You guys didn't happen to get any pictures of the room or the balcony? We are staying in the same room on Nov 20th. Thanks for everything you have shared.

Hopefully, here are a couple of pics of the balcony for 8450.

In the last one, the area from the vertical steel post over to the divider is basically the "bonus" area. Most aft extended balconies are two panes of glass wide...but 8450's balcony (and 8457's) are THREE panes wide.

There is no special room type or rate code for these "extended-extended" aft balconies; you just have to select that particular room.

Judging from the deck plans, Deck 7 aft just has regular-sized balconies across, 8 rooms total...but Deck 6 might have the same arrangement as Deck 8, with two wider balconies at each end and only 6 staterooms across the back.

If you think THESE pics are big, you shoulda seen 'em BEFORE I re-sized them down by half. :)

1011161027-balc-left.jpg

1011161339-balc-left.jpg

1011161340-balc-right.jpg

I'd say she's in very good shape. We didn't notice anything really out of the ordinary or broken down on our trip, and at one of the ports (Amber Cove I think) a work-crew was freshening up the "Carnival Conquest" paintwork under our aft balcony.

I was comparing the ship to other recent Carnival ships I've sailed and found that she was on par with Freedom and a little less "fresh" than Liberty (but we were on Liberty shortly after her FunShip 2.0 drydock, several years ago now).

Conquest is in much better shape than Victory was a few years ago, where there were lights out in many places, worn-down painted trim in public areas, etc.

I think you'll be fine with Conquest.

Thank you, that's a big help.