Coco Cay Question

kqcallahan

I have never been and haven't heard much about Coco Cay. My question if this is a tender site or no? Can you just walk off and be at the beach or do you have to book transportation to the area? Thanks!

You tender ! If you are beach people, go early if not head to the right for shade and food. Food is not offered the whole time you are there about 2-3 hours so don't miss it.

There is unique snorkeling on a old plane wreck.

we are not beach people but had a great time.

Eaglewar

I have never been and haven't heard much about Coco Cay. My question if this is a tender site or no? Can you just walk off and be at the beach or do you have to book transportation to the area? Thanks!

You tender ! If you are beach people, go early if not head to the right for shade and food. Food is not offered the whole time you are there about 2-3 hours so don't miss it.

There is unique snorkeling on a old plane wreck. I believe your drink card works here also.

we are not beach people but had a great time.

Eaglewar

The ribs served there were really good and one of my favorite offerings of any cruise I've done. I was there in August of 2012 and it was way too hot so I got lunch, walked around for a few minutes and went back to the ship to play trivia.

If you enjoy the beach or laying out in the sun it's a great port. If you don't like those things there's not a ton to explore.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

CoCo is a private beach only for the RCCL family of company's. Our first time there was in 1987!:eek: when you got off the tender on a little wooden dock like at a lake. Talk about changes!

It is now like a theam park, with too many activities to do them all in 2 or 3 visits. Drink service just like on the ship, because it is the same staff that comes on to continue the high level of service. Buffet food service, covered seating at picnic style tables.

Yes the have let a few local people set up shop to sell island trinkets.

CoCo is a wonderful day at the beach.

Thanks so far! A few more questions. I am not a bech person, my mother (who I am travelling with) is. I am not mostly because I burn....bad. So is there shade? Or are most people looking for sun? Or should I be booking something?

SO food and drinks are included? Same as on ship? or?

Is it worth it to get off the ship and just walk around? lol

Plenty of trees for shade....and they're building it up, so there should soon be more buildings, too!

Yes...food is from the ship, and drinks are charged to your ship's account.

Yes...it's definitely worth a trip to see it. If you like it, stay a while! If you don't, head back to the ship! Your choice!

Thanks so far! A few more questions. I am not a bech person, my mother (who I am travelling with) is. I am not mostly because I burn....bad. So is there shade? Or are most people looking for sun? Or should I be booking something?

SO food and drinks are included? Same as on ship? or?

Is it worth it to get off the ship and just walk around? lol

Yes it is totally worth it to go! It is just like being at the pool on the ship, but with sand and a LOT more room!:D Hundreds of hammocks and chairs under the tall slowly waving in the wind palm and coconut trees.

co1.jpg.b3077fc3dbfc27eb998d9a81bd5cbe82.jpg

co2.jpg.eb0fccfb4b6a42daa92f87d6d4503620.jpg

co3.jpg.bb22527af94ee857422af04b186e54d7.jpg

co4.jpg.b20cef1a9480e7de0ecbd3a8fac8f136.jpg

co5.jpg.1c1cf2ad26bb8efd39fa0b2d4a97cb33.jpg