Cruise and Stay or Stay and Cruise?

Am looking to do a cruise and stay or stay and cruise in the Canaries. Have done cruise then stayed once before but felt the second week in the hotel was a bit flat after the cruise. Never stayed first so looking for anyone's thoughts/experience. Will be on Majesty and staying in Adeje.

Thanks

We've never done a 'booked' cruise and stay - but have had short stays before and after cruises. Our experience is similar to what you are saying - it seems a bit anti-climatic to have a short stay following a cruise and by the end of a cruise we have limited interest in sightseeing and would rather just be heading home.

Given a choice we would lean to 'stay and cruise' verses 'cruise and stay' if its an option ..

We like to cruise first. We tend to be busy on cruises and do port intensive itineraries. We stay on a beach afterwards to relax and to make sure we return from vacation feeling like well we had a vacation. Love cruising but sometimes it is tiring. I only ever stopped on the

Canaries for the day but always thought they deserved a longer stay. I am sure you will enjoy it either way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done both and the way we choose depends on how late the flight home is. If the flight home is early we cruise then stay so that we can relax for a week after a busy cruise and because I hate hanging about a hotel for a late flight.

If they flight is late we stay then cruise as you have all the ship facilities to enjoy for the last day and still feel welcome there.

We have done stay and cruise and next time are going to do cruise and stay: there is nothing more that takes the shine off a brilliant holiday than having to go through the bag pack/early start/hanging around until airport transfer to hang around for another few hours. I know it's still not brilliant leaving a hotel but at least you don't get kicked out of your room at 8am or have to have your suitcases ready at 1am the night before.

Plus, when we left the Majesty the other year they detained Mr C for some unknown reason and we barely caught the bus to the airport - they were literally driving off having left our cases at the side of the port. Im sure it wouldn't happen again but it was all very dramatic and stressful as we were running along the port road waving our arms dragging our cases :eek:

Edited by Cloudyrain

We have done stay and cruise and next time are going to do cruise and stay: there is nothing more that takes the shine off a brilliant holiday than having to go through the bag pack/early start/hanging around until airport transfer to hang around for another few hours. I know it's still not brilliant leaving a hotel but at least you don't get kicked out of your room at 8am or have to have your suitcases ready at 1am the night before.

Shows you that we all have different preferences, as I said above we prefer having a last day on the ship for a late flight home as the ships tend to still make you feel welcome, provide a lunch and some entertainment. Up to reading Cloudyrains post I had also always assumed that you were more likely to get to a Thomson flight on time from a Thomson ship, as there would be fewer pick ups - straight to the airport from the port.

At least the OP has some food for thought and can consider their own preferences.