JOURNEY Cruisers....show me your formal wear!

peekinglemer

Hey there.

My family is going on a Journeys Cruise next month and one of the things they talk about is a throw-back, white glove, good old fashioned "Captains Ball".

If you have been on one of these cruises, did you dress up to the 9's? We have kind of gotten away from REALLY dressing up during elegant nights (the gowns have been replaced with more casual dresses).

Did you notice most people getting their "fancy" on?

I would love to see some pics.

Thanks

Tracy

Hey there.

My family is going on a Journeys Cruise next month and one of the things they talk about is a throw-back, white glove, good old fashioned "Captains Ball".

If you have been on one of these cruises, did you dress up to the 9's? We have kind of gotten away from REALLY dressing up during elegant nights (the gowns have been replaced with more casual dresses).

Did you notice most people getting their "fancy" on?

I would love to see some pics.

Thanks

Tracy

At the old fashioned CAptain's Ball, servers were wearing white gloves and the captain and officers were dressed in dressy uniforms greeting guests and taking pictures. There was a live band and a dancing stage, plenty of drinks being passed around. In terms of passenger attire -- we saw everything - from ball gown and tuxedos to capri pants. I wore a cocktail dress and my husband wore his suit and at the last min he decided not to wear his tie. It was fine - you wear what you would like. We are like you, the last time I dressed up to the 9's was 5 years ago at a Roaring 20's party on another cruise line.

I have been on two now and didn't see anything much different than any other cruise. Most women had on a nice dress, dress slacks with nice tops and men in anything from a suit to a pair of dress slacks and a dress shirt. The party is nice but I didn't see any formals or tuxes. I'm not saying there weren't any. I just didn't notice any.

I have been on two now and didn't see anything much different than any other cruise. Most women had on a nice dress, dress slacks with nice tops and men in anything from a suit to a pair of dress slacks and a dress shirt. The party is nice but I didn't see any formals or tuxes. I'm not saying there weren't any. I just didn't notice any.

Same here.

OK tux is out suit or shirt and slacks back in:)

As several have mentioned, not too many more people dress formally on "throwback formal night" than you see on any elegant night. On the other hand I have 4 tuxedos -- bought them on Ebay for about $25 each -- and wear one on the cruise. Here's an old fashioned one.

26399179532_ee425f9e60_c.jpg

And you look mighty handsome in it. Beautiful picture.

I sailed back to back Journey cruises on the Glory this past winter and while I had heard about the 80's throwback night, there didn't seem to be any energy for it on those cruises.

I barely noticed what others were wearing when those nights rolled around. I wore my usual dockers and polo to the MDR.

AS for luggage space, my tux takes up the same amount of room as a sport jacket and pants, but the last time I wore my tux on a cruise was on Celebrity almost 3 yrs ago. Somehow, the idea of a tux and a Carnival cruise today seems outmoded.

I'm doing another Journeys cruise in a few weeks, dockers and polo for most nights, dockers and dress shirts for dress up nights and the Captain's Diamond Party.

I sailed back to back Journey cruises on the Glory this past winter and while I had heard about the 80's throwback night, there didn't seem to be any energy for it on those cruises.

I barely noticed what others were wearing when those nights rolled around. I wore my usual dockers and polo to the MDR.

AS for luggage space, my tux takes up the same amount of room as a sport jacket and pants, but the last time I wore my tux on a cruise was on Celebrity almost 3 yrs ago. Somehow, the idea of a tux and a Carnival cruise today seems outmoded.

I'm doing another Journeys cruise in a few weeks, dockers and polo for most nights, dockers and dress shirts for dress up nights and the Captain's Diamond Party.

Can see wearing tux on formal night but not again. Suit would wear multiple times I believe