Galaxy Note 7 Banned From Flights

Unfortunately, I'm waiting for some moron to ignore the ban and carry it onto a plane anyhow.

It probably happens every day, just like before the ban. The chances of fire go from about 1 in 50,000 if used (that would be a moron) to just about 0 if powered off (reasonable person). Too bad it doesn't have a removable battery like the previous models.

I've had an iPhone 6plus for over a year now and never had any problems. My phone doesn't even get hot.

There hasn't been any question on previous phones, regardless if they are iPhone or Android.

The Note 7 has been recalled and released and recalled again, The iPhone 7 plus has had a few battery explosions too but not enough to worry about a recall.... yet.

on a side note, neither my first or second Note 7 even got warm. However, all the phones I was playing with to see what phone I wanted got very warm with minimal usage.

Don't believe the hype. A few units catch fire out of millions sold (maybe 1 in 50K) and we are playing Russian roulette, really? :rolleyes:

Biker, who can bet a cruise virtually no one will remember this panic a year from now.

Don't be stupid. It only takes one to catch fire with disastrous results.

• 2 weeks later...

From my TA:

Royal Caribbean International will no longer allow Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones onboard our ships. This decision was made in light of recent incidents and safety concerns raised by Samsung about this particular device, as well as the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recent ban of the phone from all airplanes. We ask that guests who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 not bring the device on their cruise.