Suggestions for RCCL ship names?

EBFURR

Celebrity has Challenger. That is the new "code name" for their next generation of ship.

That's what I had heard, too, but then I read this. Have they changed their minds again? Got this off cruisenewsdaily.com- cruiseblogger

Did you notice something missing from the announcement about Royal Caribbean ordering a new class of vessel for their Celebrity brand? Nowhere was the name Challenger mentioned. Challenger was the working name that was used while the project was in development. It was even used publicly by RCCL execs several times when talking about the future project. From a nautical history point of view, it made sense and was a good, inspiring choice of name for the first ship in the series. But along the way, it was pointed out to some of those execs that it didn't make sense, especially for Florida-based company, to name their new series of ships the same as a space shuttle which was destroyed in a disastrous explosion. They agreed, and decided to quietly drop the name. They have yet to pick a new name for the first ship and the class. Driving home each night over the last twenty years, they probably just missed seeing all those Florida license plates that commemorated the lost Challenger crew members.

LOL @ Ernie of the Seas. Simple and effective.

Can't decide to book my next cruise on "Jim of the Seas" or "Harry of the Seas"... that's a tough oune.

Already cruised on "Tom of the Seas" and "Dick of the Seas."

I would definatley skip the "Harry of the Seas" & "Dick of the Seas"

Two images just flashed before my eyes and it was not pretty!:eek:

Archived