Suggestions for RCCL ship names?

EBFURR

Historically, RCCL seems to use themes in naming their ships and the themes seem to change over time. For example:

In the early 1990’s as RCCL was emerging as a leader in the industry, the names tended to convey a sense of royalty and dominance of the cruising world.

Sovereign, Empress, Monarch, Majesty.

In the mid 1990’s a sense of glamour and sophistication seemed to be the theme.

Rhapsody, Grandeur, Splendor, Brilliance, Vision, Jewel, Radiance, etc.

At the turn of the century the theme shifted to adventure and exploration.

Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator, Mariner.

The newest ship seems to be off on a different tangent with Freedom. What could be next? Liberty, Truth, Justice perhaps?:confused:

Maybe they will go in a different direction entirely, such as animals. This might be tough since Chicken of the Sea is in use, and Panther of the Seas might be a little too predatory. ;) The Voyager class of ships was originally called the Eagle class, so who knows?

We thought it might be fun to suggest themes and names for future ships. It is a known fact that the RCCL brass reads the CC boards, so someone may even come up with a winner. It is even possible that a prize might be in the picture such as on of those much sought after Royal Caribbean key chains. Any ideas?

Historically, RCCL seems to use themes in naming their ships and the themes seem to change over time. For example:

In the early 1990’s as RCCL was emerging as a leader in the industry, the names tended to convey a sense of royalty and dominance of the cruising world.

Sovereign, Empress, Monarch, Majesty.

In the mid 1990’s a sense of glamour and sophistication seemed to be the theme.

Rhapsody, Grandeur, Splendor, Brilliance, Vision, Jewel, Radiance, etc.

At the turn of the century the theme shifted to adventure and exploration.

Voyager, Explorer, Adventure, Navigator, Mariner.

The newest ship seems to be off on a different tangent with Freedom. What could be next? Liberty, Truth, Justice perhaps?:confused:

Maybe they will go in a different direction entirely, such as animals. This might be tough since Chicken of the Sea is in use, and Panther of the Seas might be a little too predatory. ;) The Voyager class of ships was originally called the Eagle class, so who knows?

We thought it might be fun to suggest themes and names for future ships. It is a known fact that the RCCL brass reads the CC boards, so someone may even come up with a winner. It is even possible that a prize might be in the picture such as on of those much sought after Royal Caribbean key chains. Any ideas?

How about a Model "T" of the Sea :)

Stay on Top of the Seas

Nickel and Dime You to Death of the Seas

Happy to See You of the Seas

Art Auctions of the Seas

Don't Cruise During School Break of the Seas

Quit Complaining and Enjoy of the Seas.

It is even possible that a prize might be in the picture such as on of those much sought after Royal Caribbean key chains. Any ideas?

...... you mean you come up with the name of the ship and all you get is a key chain? :confused:

Should at least get a free cruise out of it :D

The key chain reference is because that seems to be the prize of choice for the poolside games and other activities. I did notice that they have started giving out some "medals" and things lately. It used to be that the CD would create the usual fanfare for a contest or activity and promise "wonderful prizes" to the winner. At the end, he/she would hand out to the winners an RCCL keychain and announce the prize in a semi-sarcastic or joking tone "And to our grand prize winner goes this lovely Royal Caribbean key chain!" It was kind of a running joke.

I do agree that a free cruise, or at least a nice discount would be a great prize, but I also doubt that RCCL would take any of this seriously. It is more intended to be a fun thread.

Personally we think the suggested "Stay on Top of the Seas" is comforting.

Interesting that the last ship was named "FREEDOM" of the Seas....I wouldn't be surprised that the next few ships follow that path "Endevour, Challenger, Deliverance, Liberty, Independence, or Valor would fit.

I for one would like to see Loyalty, Allegiance, Integrity, Fellowship, Devotion, and Passion........something along those lines ;)

Maybe this is because I'm all into the HBO Series Rome, but this would be a great class of ships:

Neptune of the Seas

Jupiter of the Seas

Bacchus of the Seas

Venus of the Seas

I believe that this is already reserved for a Carnival ship. :D

El Tipo Calvo, you are genius!

I think we can eliminate some names right off the bat. For example Buzzard Bait of the Seas, Voyage to the Bottom of the Seas, Rust Bucket of the Seas, etc.

In deference to some of those anti-cruise-ites out there who refuse to cruise because "all you do is eat all the time" (I know a couple of these types who have never stepped on a cruise ship), we could propose the Buffet of the Seas.

Interesting that the last ship was named "FREEDOM" of the Seas....I wouldn't be surprised that the next few ships follow that path "Endevour, Challenger, Deliverance, Liberty, Independence, or Valor would fit.

I for one would like to see Loyalty, Allegiance, Integrity, Fellowship, Devotion, and Passion........something along those lines ;)

I for one will not be sailing on the "Deliverance of the Seas", I hate Banjo music-

You sure got a pertty mouth-squeeeeeeel like a piggie-

Let's see who gets it??;)

Celebrity has Challenger. That is the new "code name" for their next generation of ship.

All I can say is that I hope RCCL comes up with something original. I get so tired of seeing cruise lines rip off ship names from other cruise lines. RCCL hasn't done this and I would hate to see them start now.

I for one will not be sailing on the "Deliverance of the Seas", I hate Banjo music-

You sure got a pertty mouth-squeeeeeeel like a piggie-

Let's see who gets it??;)

Got it!

anyway, how 'bout:

Motion of the Seas

Breeze of the Seas

Fleas of the Seas(reference to bedbug thread)

Got it!

anyway, how 'bout:

Motion of the Seas

Breeze of the Seas

Fleas of the Seas(reference to bedbug thread)

Glad-I like you already!!!;)

How about Flatulance of the Seas, for the post I read about the person with a balcony cabin whose neighbor sat one the balcony each morning and let er rip....

Speedo of the Seas?

Glad-I like you already!!!;)

How about Flatulance of the Seas, for the post I read about the person with a balcony cabin whose neighbor sat one the balcony each morning and let er rip....

I didn't realize it could be heard,(or other) from an adjoining cabin. :D

Aubie

I didn't realize it could be heard,(or other) from an adjoining cabin. :D

Aubie

Oh yes, heard clearly from what the post said.

Apparently, the neignbor would go out on his/her balcony every morning to save the person sharing their cabin from witnessing the daily morning ritual, never realizing that at the same time each morning, the poster was on their balcony right next door, listening to the entire symphony. Yuck!!! Now that's noise pollution, on so many levels!!

I have a balcony on FOS in June, hope my neighbors are more pollution friendly!!:rolleyes:

Archived