Concierge Cabin 9160 - Advice

makunc1

• 1 month later...
Michael, just sent you 2 pictures of the aft balcony 9160. The balcony is so big that eight of us were out there and there was plenty of room. Enjoy your cruise. Pat

We are booked on 9201 two doors down from 9160. If anyone has pictures of the balcony we would love to see them!

Thanks!

I was in this cabin two weeks ago.

Yes, sometimes you hear furniture moving upstairs in the evening. It's a little weird, but if you've lived in an apartment building, it's pretty mild.

I am a light sleeper on cruise ships--often waking up at 5:30 in spite of myself--and I never heard any furniture move at night or in the early morning. It did not affect my sleep.

You should not give up this room. Celebrity is not in the business of making certain cabins unliveable, and we found the balcony was great for having people over for sailaways and such. It was too hot to sit out there during the day, whether we were at sea or in port, but that won't be a problem in Alaska. Enjoy, you haven't made a mistake.

One thing to be aware of: the door can lock behind you when you're out on your balcony if you don't pull some curtains through the gap between the door and the frame.

Fortunately the one time it happened to us, tprime76 and his wife were outside and next door!

We had 9160 last month on SUMMIT. I might have heard some

faint noise but nothing that really bothered me.

Or it may have been that I was just tired at the end of the day

and slept like a baby;)

Hi Lois you are my "go to person" on Critics when I want an honest opinion about Celebrity.

We have 9160 both on Millennium Voyage for the Mediterranean and also the Summit for the Panama Canal. Having Never sailed an Aft cabin before ... My question is more of what you can observe from this advantage.. I mean when we sail into ports on the Millie and we will be coming into some Terrific Mediterranean cities and would want to see it from the best advantage of course, just as when we do when we sail the Canal.

Is my verandah the best spot or should we plan to see the exciting to us that is events from on deck?

We have had the aft cabins twice and have just booked our third. Since we are not party people it makes the trip wonderful since we can relax under the canopy. Sitting out a night looking at the wake is incredible. These cabins are hard to get so keep it.

Since we are not party people it makes the trip wonderful since we can relax under the canopy.

It's funny you should say that... the only advantage we saw on the aft balcony was that we could have many people over. For our own use, particularly in the Caribbean heat, we didn't need the extra space.

Hi Joey:)

You want honest?;) I rarely used the balcony. I am one of those people

who prefers to be outside (as in pool bar) or in one of the lounges/bars:D

Truley, I might have stood out by the railing in the mornings

but in the week we sailed, I never sat out on the balcony.

I went on that cruise with Mari if you recall. We got an excellent

price and it was an awesome cruise.

But normally I get an inside cabin or possibly a window and I normally

sail solo.

So a balcony is never a factor for me when choosing a cabin.

There were plenty of folks who love their balcony though. Actually

we could see a couple of friends from these boards who had

a balcony a couple of decks below us. When we were both looking

outside at the same time we could see each other and wave.

That was nice. But my next 2 cruises are....one is window and the

other is an inside.

Oh, I might have stood out on the balcony before getting ready for dinner

too. But as I said, I never "sat out there" for any length of time.

Hope this helps.

• 10 years later...
Hi Joey:)

You want honest?;) I rarely used the balcony. I am one of those people

who prefers to be outside (as in pool bar) or in one of the lounges/bars:D

Truley, I might have stood out by the railing in the mornings

but in the week we sailed, I never sat out on the balcony.

I went on that cruise with Mari if you recall. We got an excellent

price and it was an awesome cruise.

But normally I get an inside cabin or possibly a window and I normally

sail solo.

So a balcony is never a factor for me when choosing a cabin.

There were plenty of folks who love their balcony though. Actually

we could see a couple of friends from these boards who had

a balcony a couple of decks below us. When we were both looking

outside at the same time we could see each other and wave.

That was nice. But my next 2 cruises are....one is window and the

other is an inside.

Oh, I might have stood out on the balcony before getting ready for dinner

too. But as I said, I never "sat out there" for any length of time.

Hope this helps.

Good Afternoon Lois from Atlanta,

My wife Kelli and I are sailing on Millennium for an Alaskan cruise in August. We are currently booked in 9160. I've done a lot of research on CruiseCritic and some have said you hear a lot of cleaning and furniture moving noise from the Oceanview Bar and Oceanview Cafe and Grill on Deck 10. Somewhere else in my research, I think I saw a pic of the ships equipment to the upper right from our balcony that might limit nighttime view and picture taking of the sky. Do you remember any such obstruction? Our TA told me today that 8176, a handicapped accessible room is available. Based on your stay in 9160, pros and cons, should we consider moving down a deck? If you'd like, you can reply to this post via my personal email address.

I'm open to suggestions from anyone else who has stayed in 9160 or 8176. Thanks in advance for your ideas. We looked at an aft stateroom on our last Alaska cruise aboard RCCL Radiance of the Seas and that helped us book one this time.

Have a great week.

Regards,

Kelli and Tom

Good Afternoon Lois from Atlanta,

My wife Kelli and I are sailing on Millennium for an Alaskan cruise in August. We are currently booked in 9160. I've done a lot of research on CruiseCritic and some have said you hear a lot of cleaning and furniture moving noise from the Oceanview Bar and Oceanview Cafe and Grill on Deck 10. Somewhere else in my research, I think I saw a pic of the ships equipment to the upper right from our balcony that might limit nighttime view and picture taking of the sky. Do you remember any such obstruction? Our TA told me today that 8176, a handicapped accessible room is available. Based on your stay in 9160, pros and cons, should we consider moving down a deck? If you'd like, you can reply to this post via my personal email address.

I'm open to suggestions from anyone else who has stayed in 9160 or 8176. Thanks in advance for your ideas. We looked at an aft stateroom on our last Alaska cruise aboard RCCL Radiance of the Seas and that helped us book one this time.

Have a great week.

Regards,

Kelli and Tom

Hi Kelli and Tom:)......it has been 11 years since I had that cabin:eek:

Back in 2005 so that is a long time ago. I remember the balcony being

quite large. I honestly don't remember noise or anything....but like

I said it was a very long time ago.....you found a very old thread;)

Hi Kelli and Tom:)......it has been 11 years since I had that cabin:eek:

Back in 2005 so that is a long time ago. I remember the balcony being

quite large. I honestly don't remember noise or anything....but like

I said it was a very long time ago.....you found a very old thread;)

I appreciate the prompt response. Hopefully I will hear from others who may have had that stateroom more recently.

Regards,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I am an aft junkie, so much so I book cruises around when I can get them for different sailings.

I have 9160 booked on the Infinity for the Panama Canal. First sailing with Celebrity so I can only give you my take from Royal. You will have an awesome view point to take pictures of the glacier without others in front of you. Check out lower decks on your ship. The Radiance and Serenade had covered decks to get side views of the glacier and then back to my cabin when the ship turned. Could be raining so investigate your options.

I fried a camera on our last Alaska cruise because of moisture when we did the Kenai Fjords cruise. The smaller boat did not have overhangs to protect my camera.

Happy sailing.