Zip lining, 16 yr old, observer option?

Gctw

Hi, I'm taking my two children on a 10 night Royal Princess cruise. As it happens, on my son's 16th birthday we will be in Antigua. I know he would love to do the zip line tour. I also know neither my 12 yr old or myself have his desire to fly through the trees. lol

Question is, does anyone know if Princess offers an observer tour for this that I could purchase for my daughter and myself? Ideally I would want to capture some pictures of him zip lining (I'm a photographer) but I also don't want him to do the tour alone and I'm not even certain that is allowed at 16.

Any suggestions for us? Or perhaps a family friendly alternative that would still "wow" him on his birthday?

Thanks!

Instead of taking ship excursion, can you go on your own? My husband and i are doing this on Tuesday. We actually just disembarked from a cruise ship and are flying to antigua for a few days. One of our adventures includes the zip lining. They have different times to do it. From what i read, it is really crowded on cruise days and even more so with a ship excursion. Contact the owners with any questions.

• 2 weeks later...

You won't be able to get any photos. I have done the zipline and can't thnk of any spot where you can see the "zippers". Sorry, don't know if 16 is allowed. Can't see why not.

How about swimming with the stingrays for everybody?

Thanks for the suggestions! After some research we've decided to spend the day at Darkwood beach. I wouldn't be comfortable with him going solo. I'll double check on board though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the suggestions! After some research we've decided to spend the day at Darkwood beach. I wouldn't be comfortable with him going solo. I'll double check on board though.

I just did this last week in antigua and truthfully, there is no where for you to follow to take pictures. He is old enough to go by himself (they take 5 year olds although a guide will go with them) A really nice beach is Ffryes beach which is where Dennis restaurant is. There is a trampoline park near there. It's in the same general location area (not next to) as valley church, jolly beach... We ate lunch there one day and I was really impressed with how beautiful the beach is.

I just did this last week in antigua and truthfully, there is no where for you to follow to take pictures. He is old enough to go by himself (they take 5 year olds although a guide will go with them) A really nice beach is Ffryes beach which is where Dennis restaurant is. There is a trampoline park near there. It's in the same general location area (not next to) as valley church, jolly beach... We ate lunch there one day and I was really impressed with how beautiful the beach is.

Thanks! I did a little research on Ffryes today. I'll check it out more tomorrow. Appreciate the feedback!