Question about switching your itinerary

Bsw0619

Hello everyone, my fiancé and I just went on our first cruise in September and really enjoyed ourselves. We are taking a second cruise in April through Carnival. Unfortunately, we booked this before we really researched other itineraries/ ships and found others we liked a bit better. I went into my cruise manager and it said there is a penalty for cancelling, but is there a penalty if you switch your cruise from one itinerary to another? The reason I started looking to begin with is because of the ship we will be taking, Carnival Splendor. It looks like Carnival Splendor does not have as many updated options as other ships..is this the case? We found a cruise on Carnival Magic that seemed to offer a bit more. Has anyone here been on the Splendor? We were on the Carnival Pride for our first cruise and loved the ship. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

If you booked Early Saver fare, there is a penalty. You would be cancelling the original cruise and booking another. Any other fare and there is no penalty. But it never hurts to call and ask.

The Splendor is a lovely ship. If you find an itinerary you like better, go for it regardless of ship, unless you plan to spend most of your time on the ship. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Hello everyone, my fiancé and I just went on our first cruise in September and really enjoyed ourselves. We are taking a second cruise in April through Carnival. Unfortunately, we booked this before we really researched other itineraries/ ships and found others we liked a bit better. I went into my cruise manager and it said there is a penalty for cancelling, but is there a penalty if you switch your cruise from one itinerary to another? The reason I started looking to begin with is because of the ship we will be taking, Carnival Splendor. It looks like Carnival Splendor does not have as many updated options as other ships..is this the case? We found a cruise on Carnival Magic that seemed to offer a bit more. Has anyone here been on the Splendor? We were on the Carnival Pride for our first cruise and loved the ship. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Switching from one itinerary to another is considered cancelling one cruise and booking another. If you booked an early saver fare, that is one of Carnival's most restrictive fares and it has a $50 per person change fee. There can also be penalties that depend on the length of your cruise and how many days before final payment you are at. You may find this helpful.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/481/~/deposit-and-final-payment-requirements

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3401/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDc3MTUxMjUxL3NpZC82S1Q1Ykwxbg==

If you call Carnival, they can tell you what fare type you booked.

Spirit, Pride, Legend, and Miracle are all Spirit-class ships. If you liked Pride, you may want to consider other Spirit class ships. Carnival Splendor is the only Splendor class ship, and entered service in 2008. Magic entered service in 2011, so it is a little newer and it is a Dream class ship.

Edited by winddawn

I've been on the Pride (and the Miracle, her sister ship many times) as well as the Splendor. I loved them all, and you will love the Splendor just as much as you did the Pride. I'm doing my first cruise on the Magic in January, so I can't compare the other two to the Magic, but if you booked Early Saver and don't want to lose the money then stick with your current ship. There will always be more opportunities to do another.