Galveston Port to IAH

sharonna3

Working on a game plan for our return after our cruise. I have read many post regarding this but have a few questions. I've booked flights for 1:45 pm out of IAH. I have not been able to book FTTF and not even sure I have to.

* Does Carnival transfers take into consideration flight times? I've read you could be sitting for a length of time for bus to fill. I've also read that they have continuing transfers, I assume this means more than one bus. I do recall reading that it is a bit unorganized.

* I purposely followed the guidelines of flight times. Does anyone recall a time off and a carnival transfer departing?

* The limo option is there but have know idea of a time to request. Also has anyone ever grouped up with others to rent a stretch or such to reduce costs?

*When we are off the ship are there any transfer options to IAH without pre booking?

Thanks for you help. PS: Cruising in April on the Breeze.

Edited by sharonna3

I think I can provide you with some insight. Just got off Freedom on Saturday. I suspect, but am not certain, that Breeze would be very similar.

We had pre-arranged RT transport on Galveston Limousine for Hobby (but the bus was going on to Bush after that). Our scheduled pick-up time was 9:30 but the weekend bus typically runs about 15 minutes late. We self disembarked and were standing curbside by 9 or so. Do note that we were on Deck 1 which is the first to leave the ship but long before our bus arrived I saw plenty of folks who had not used self assist meaning that everyone who had wanted to carry off their own luggage had already left the ship. We had been told by the CD that the entire ship would be totally empty no later than about 10:30.

We arrived Hobby no later than 11a. The rest of the passengers were heading to Bush many with flight times in the 1-3p window. Confident you're fine. I found Galveston to be a very efficient port.

Edited by jsglow

• 5 weeks later...
no not completely. u CAN do it..BUT

The ship must arrive on time about 7:30 or so then it's about 45 minutes 30 to 45 minutes before people can disembark. Then you get off with the first wave get in transportation right away that is waiting for you.. 45 minutes to Hobby.

Saturday or Sunday is better. weekday disembarkation on the 4 or 5 day carnival cruise is cuttin it close but still can be done. What ship are u on?

Shuttles can do it but only if u dont have to wait too long. Taxis give you a better chance in fact the best chance to get there quickly

galvestontaxikent

It's actually my son who will be on Liberty in April...which is a Sunday...so maybe it's possible...the next available flight on SW that day is not until after 6pm...thanks for the responses!

For 7 people private van mite be best & most comfortable Easiest,? just call taxi. theyre there waiting.

galvestontaxikent

Kent,

We didn't plan on bringing car seats along because of having to stow them on the boat. I assume taxis require car seats for children, but how about a private van?

• 2 weeks later...

We are at the Hilton North Houston the night before the cruise as we both arrive from Australia at different times of the day.

What would be the cheapest way to get to and from our Hotel? We are considering catching the hotel shuttle back to George Bush Airport to catch a shuttle.

When arriving back at Galveston, we have a 2pm flight out. Galveston Limousines looks like a plan but I have read varying reviews of this company. The cruise ship shuttle is way too expensive to us when we take in consideration the exchange rates for US$ back to AU$.

• 3 weeks later...
Kent,

What do you figure is the easiest way for 5 adults and 2 children to get from IAH to Galveston without spending an arm and a leg?

Check with Super Shuttle. It should be $169 for 9 pass van. RCCI shuttle $47 each. Taxi $170

We are at the Hilton North Houston the night before the cruise as we both arrive from Australia at different times of the day.

What would be the cheapest way to get to and from our Hotel? We are considering catching the hotel shuttle back to George Bush Airport to catch a shuttle.

When arriving back at Galveston, we have a 2pm flight out. Galveston Limousines looks like a plan but I have read varying reviews of this company. The cruise ship shuttle is way too expensive to us when we take in consideration the exchange rates for US$ back to AU$.

Take the RCCI shuttle from Port to IAH. It is charged to ship account. $47. each.

Kent,

What do you figure is the easiest way for 5 adults and 2 children to get from IAH to Galveston without spending an arm and a leg?

We used both of these during our stay...one to return hire car to airport and the other to return from cruise to IAH

TX airport transfers. Owned by Dwayne Johnson. Suggested by Hilton Galveston Island. Our driver was Marc. Reception called them for us. They called andleft answerphone message on our room voicemail ( not too keen to call UK mobile phones). Gave time which we needed to confirm as acceptable. We called and changed from their suggestion . Marc the driver was friendly, polite and in the agreed place at carhire returns exactly on time.

The Pink Taxi Galveston. Owned by John and Tate.

The return trip was arranged by our daughter who had used John when stuck at Enterprise car hire Galveston...recommended by a fellow car renter.

John was amazing. Daughter texted as arranged when leaving ship. John could not park up for long, but was there on exit from baggage claim/ immigration. They waited short time for us to get through. John was friendly , reliable and very knowledgeable. He suggested a short stop at NASA en route to airport and gave so much information as we travelled. Lovely to meet a gentleman so passionate about his town.

Both companies have our full recommendations!