TeamTrom’s Vacation Review: Oasis of the Seas (10.29.16) plus More

TeamTrom

Been waiting for this part of the review. We are booked her in January end I was wondering how it was going to be. Looks like they have some decent slides. The green one looks like fun. Do you know much was the extra cost ride was?

Here's one of my favorite from Wet n Wild in Orlando. You stand in the booth and the bottom drops out on you.

image_zps2spvzd8c.jpeg

This is the view from the top looking over towards the Oasis. Sitting next to her is Carnival Victory and it is strange to see her not dwarf the other ship when comparing this to Enchantment in the Bahamas.

OCGlwS.jpg

Here is a look see at the slide and zip line list that they have for you to see.

w3HuM9.jpg

We thoroughly enjoyed our time here. It had only been 4ish by the time we completed all the slides zip lines and we put it up to debate, stay longer and miss 6pm dinner on formal night, try to sneak in to MTD like everyone else because of the late port day or be happy with what we have done and head back now. We were both happy with calling it a day and heading back to ship. Once we made it back to the room we came in to this.

ujBHyR.jpg

This one was obviously a giraffe ;) We have a pretty busy night ahead of us, another reason to get back a little early. We are going to the Prohibition Party and plan on wearing most of out outfits to dinner. This is what we came up with.

7NZT5Q.jpg

We all made it to 6pm dinner and of course tonight is prime rib and lobster night. Nothing spectacular about starters, Kristie ordered a salad, I tried the Vidalia Onion Tart, which was okay.

gxMUXH.jpg

Wifey gave the Caprese Salad a go.

H2s2Jo.jpg

And Dad had Shrimp Cocktail

RqYDyi.jpg

Now on this night, I failed entirely. We all ordered the prime rib or the lobster in some capacity but sadly I did not take a photo of any of it lol. Not even an empty plate like I will show you soon for desert haha but the good thing is you all know what to expect with this meal. The prime rib was good as was the lobster. Unfortunately no one was walking around with a tray full of extra lobster tails to those looking for more :D Here we have what was Apple Pie a la Mode

8vr9kk.jpg

And Stacey tried the Chocolate Cake which she described as very moist.

e4oCPL.jpg

With early dining finished we ended up with some spare time we were not expecting since our party was not until 10:30 and since our Oasis of Dreams show was cancelled on the first night and there happens to be one right now we decided to see if we could sneak in. And with plenty of room to spare we did.

HkDBQr.jpg

This was the image we get to see for opening scene

CvmIDO.jpg

I decided to not take any other photos and just enjoy the show. And it was very enjoyable. While the story line is very difficult to follow, the dancing and diving was very well done. Incredible in fact. I was locked in to see what the next performer would do to outdo the last and they did. Very well done Royal. It wasn't much after the show ended that our "Secret" party was to start. Earlier in the day we received a card with a "secret" location and "secret" password to get in. There really was a sense of other people not knowing what we were going to, some intrigue to want to be involved. They took us into the location through the employee entry in a "sneaking" kind of fashion which was fun in itself. I will not give the entire details of the event but there were unlimited drinks of the time period and we have activities to get everyone involved along with a story that was easy to follow. We had a good time and came away with this picture.

SQpR5Z.jpg

We ended the night by heading over to Blaze with a friend for a little while once this party was over. It ended up being our latest night of the trip!

Sneak peek into Day 5: Port of Cozumel/ Mr. Sancho’s All Inclusive Resort

Through the insistence of some of you we have reserved for all of us to visit Mr. Sancho’s all-inclusive resort while in Cozumel. Taken directly off their website they say “At Mr. Sancho's, we have the commitment to keep improving for You, so you can enjoy the best Beach Club in Cozumel, with delicious food and amazing mixed drinks that are part of a wonderful all-inclusive experience! As always our staff will treat you with kindness and quality service. Free WiFi available” All for only $55 per person it sure seems like a can’t miss for a relaxing beach day.

I cannot wait!!!

I ain't goin' anywhere, this entire review is where it's at, 5 yrs from now I can always go back and relive our 1st Oasis cruise thru your eyes, speaking of which I haven't even expressed my gratitude yet for all this hard work..so THANK YOU!.. I GoPro'd all the way, so anytime any of the boys and girls demanded some pictures, I just simply log on and show 'em all that it's in here. Take your time, I don't want this review to end quickly the way our cruise have.

xs: Wild Guess, you and your SO were in Johnny Rockets prior/during the Belly Flop Contest, are you??

Lmao! same stuff, No Lines, Bored slide attendant inviting us to try the slide thru eye contact, started speaking pre-historic language while freefalling.. and yes, my first reaction once done is "i almost died"..

Thank you so much for following along and I appreciate the nice comments.

Yes in fact we were at Johnny Rockets during the Belly Flop Competition... haha I remember going "ohhhhh that sounded like that hurt " lol

Any chance you had a GoPro to your chest while a son of yours had one strapped to their head?!?!

And back to the green slide, just to add to the hilarity... I am the type that just launches myself down by pulling myself inside by the edge of the tube so I was preparing to do that when I saw Wifey's eyes get real big 😨 Haha that couldve started with me hitting the top of the tube in pain before dropping straight down a hundred feet or so.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Been waiting for this part of the review. We are booked her in January end I was wondering how it was going to be. Looks like they have some decent slides. The green one looks like fun. Do you know much was the extra cost ride was?

Here's one of my favorite from Wet n Wild in Orlando. You stand in the booth and the bottom drops out on you.

image_zps2spvzd8c.jpeg

Wow that one looks pretty intense if you ask me.

Sorry I did not get the price, I didnt even know that it wasn't included at first, we waited at it for a few minutes with no one around wondering if we just hook up and jump 😂😉 we finally asked the closest staff member and they said you pay for it at the locker rentals

Can't wait to read about your day at Mr. Sanchos!

We've been to Nachi Cocum, Chankanaab Park and Paradise Beach; will have to try Mr. Sanchos next. We'd go back to anyone of those again, but loved the pool at Paradise Beach the best. We don't care about the beach toys or drinking; just want a nice beach and pool to relax at.

Thank you so much for following along and I appreciate the nice comments.

Yes in fact we were at Johnny Rockets during the Belly Flop Competition... haha I remember going "ohhhhh that sounded like that hurt " lol

Any chance you had a GoPro to your chest while a son of yours had one strapped to their head?!?!

And back to the green slide, just to add to the hilarity... I am the type that just launches myself down by pulling myself inside by the edge of the tube so I was preparing to do that when I saw Wifey's eyes get real big 😨 Haha that couldve started with me hitting the top of the tube in pain before dropping straight down a hundred feet or so.

You're most welcome.. I did strapped one on my chest in Lost Kingdom for the Green and Orange slide then took it off since I spent most of my time on the racing slide, I remember by 4pm I was still going at it and 3x in a row, I was just racing by myself. My teen, had a Pro, but didn't have it on his head (excuse was, it will ruin his poise..ya know, kids).

The Enter Sandman and Superman guys on the bellyflop :) ..you probably were also rooting for one of these two..

Day 5: Port of Cozumel/ Mr. Sancho’s All Inclusive Resort

Today marks the day that you begin to realize that the end is near... You wait 584 days to get this vacation and now you are only a couple days from having to start all over... but before we get there lets enjoy this day! This port is the most highly anticipated port I have ever had the pleasure of going to. I have heard so many great things about Cozumel, so much so in fact that when I hear someone talk about how they didn't enjoy the island, dozens come to the defense of the port with their heavy defense, sometimes in a far too aggressive stance. So the expectations were high, specifically for Mr. Sancho's. Prior to getting off of the ship we planned to meet another CC member (TJMajer) at Johnny Rockets for breakfast then to catch a taxi over to the all inclusive club together. I heard a lot of great things about the free breakfast at JR but to be completely honest I left wishing for better. I would have never anticipated wishing I had gone to the Windjammer at all during this cruise but in this case I really had. Still it was nice meet up with some nice company to start off the morning. After breakfast we made a quick stop to our cabin then headed down to the gangway and made our way through port. This was a larger shop area than I am use to. The endless stores were relentless lol. I never had pushy sales which goes hand in hand with what we've heard from this port. Once we arrived at the taxi location we waited a few minutes for others to arrive. We had discussions and had as many as 12 people say they would gather at the same time for a large taxi to be more cost effective. We never had anyone else show and took a taxi for just the six of us to Sancho's. The trip cost us $34 there(van that could hold 8 or more) and $17(car that held just us 4) on the way back. We arrived prior to them actually being opened(9am their time) but they gladly let us in and begin enjoying the beach. This place was huge and beautiful. I had been highly anticipating this pool bar for a loooonngg time.

qpLYQi.jpg

There is more than just one pool bar, here is the other.

caOdHC.jpg

The water was refreshing and clean. As everyone before us had stated the service was second to none. Once Jesus introduced himself as our personal waiter he was there to wait on us hand and foot. He was rarely gone long enough for us to finish our drink and he was always very friendly in assisting us. We would bounce around from the beach, to the pool, to the hammocks and the dining area and he still seemed to always find us to make sure we were taken care of. They have a drink menu that is plentiful and if you didn't see it then just ask for it and you will be left satisfied. They had two ways of eating. The first and most convenient was their buffet style food that was always there and always ready. This was not a big buffet but it had enough to satisfy you at any moment. Things like ceviche, salsa, fresh tortilla chips, steak tips, beans, chicken wings and more.

fxwlWg.jpg

Today was the one and only day where we had a consistent taste of the Caribbean sun. The skies cleared themselves of clouds for a considerable part of the day, enough so that we each got a very slight bit of sunburn. Just enough mainly so we acquired a bit of color. The beach was beautiful and the water was crystal clear. This was a very unique sand though, never had I run across a thick, large cut of sand. This was not a negative, just a note.

3u9cGf.jpg

Also included was their full menu. The items are all listed with prices but they are all included in the all-inclusive. There was a plethora of Mexican style cuisine along with seafood style foods. We made sure to try a very mixed bag of foods between the 4 of us and we shared it all. Here we have three different style tacos, one steak, one shrimp and one chicken. We were given plenty of fixings of whatever we wanted to top off our tacos, the best of which was a homemade guacamole.

pApH4e.jpg

Here we have a plate of white rice, the chicken fajita mixture with onions and then you get to see the guacamole.

Z7gfvS.jpg

You will see the filet of garlic fish that we split up. This was probably the highlight of this meal. The fish was light and flaky and had great flavor. I highly recommend it

gQj2Cj.jpg

This was the plate of steak fajita mix. You can see our oversized plate of jalapenos, lets just say my dad and I like spicy lol.

yUtRQY.jpg

Mr. Sancho's is a completely different kind of speed that I am used to. I have always been a go go go, never stop, lets get some high energy activites going type of person, but this past year I have begun to change. I will say that is due to my son lol. I have really enjoyed relaxing significantly more than I ever expected and this was the perfect thing to do on our last port day. We stayed about as late as we could without risking getting back on the ship within reason. Read back to Embarkation and you may know why I had a good reason not to cut it close :D On our way back I was please to see what had docked next to us in port

fydoHq.jpg

That is Freedom of the Seas next to Lady O. This makes for a pretty interesting coincidence for me. This is only my 4th cruise. For the average person that is a larger number, but most of you know that for cruisers I am basically a rookie, just wet behind the ears. I have been on three RC cruises as you can see from my signature. During this cruise I have seen only 3 Royal ships, one if which is Oasis OTS. The other two coincidentally are Enchantment OTS in Nassau and now Freedom OTS in Cozumel, both of which the only other Royal ships I have been aboard. Funny how things come full circle. While my best memories have and always will come from Enchantment, Freedom certainly has its memories that I will never forget.

rxLOZl.jpg

This isn't the most narrow dock out there but I still think because of the size of ships involved that this is a worthy ship canyon

PikX3J.jpg

We boarded back up and went to our balcony to watch sail away before dinner. Interestingly enough I joked around about watching to see if we would see any pier runners and to our full entertainment we did get a chance to see some. It was a weird situation where we were clearly waiting for the family running while hundreds on board were cheering on their performance. Then once one of them made it to the ship they were told they had to run the half mile back to port security for some reason and then back to the ship. We ended up leaving the port well over an hour past scheduled sail away. At least we got some entertainment out of it lol It was finally time to push off...Goodbye Cozumel... until next year!!!

FZDh0p.jpg

Not long after departing we head to MDR for dinner. We actually considered going to the windjammer instead simply because we've never made it for lunch or dinner! (the two times we tried it was just after 3 when they close until 5:30)

Wifey got the Maryland style crab cake, which was okay, though less than thrilling.

qYxsL3.jpg

I got the creamy roasted garlic soup. It was good but could have used something of more substance in it. Chicken? Corn? Potato? Anything really.

N0u9ZM.jpg

I*also* got shrimp cocktail because I hadn't ordered this yet and couldn't skip the chance! Hard to do this one wrong :)

uY7QFZ.jpg

Onto the entrees, Pops got Roasted Strip Loin. Another steak dish, I know! Those two love their steaks!

zjatsA.jpg

Kristie got, what a surprise! NY Strip! Wifey got the same spaghetti meal as the first night so I didn't take a picture. It wasn't as good tonight. Less taste, overcooked noodles. Off night, I guess

OX7GsE.jpg

I ordered the Ahi Tuna, which was actually the meal that we decided to plan our specialty restaurants around. We knew we would do to 150 Central park either day 5 or 6 but we wanted to try the Ahi so we chose night 6 for Central park. So, as you can imagine, expectations are a tad high.

.... And it didn't quite live up

FXoPmh.jpg

It was a bit flavorless and dry. And based on, uh, my previous expectations it was WAAAAAY over cooked. This was the inside, which if you're much familiar with Ahi Tuna, you'd probably be expecting it to look a bit different...

0kGSgZ.jpg

So I did a quick google search for "Ahi Tuna" and the first 50 pictures or so look something like this: f6PKww.jpg

So, yeah, not really what we we're looking for.

And lastly, for desert we had bread pudding, one of my favorites!

ocdA3u.jpg

In all, though, this wasn't our best day of dining. Probably should have just gone to the Windjammer...

Edited by TeamTrom

Can't wait to read about your day at Mr. Sanchos!

We've been to Nachi Cocum, Chankanaab Park and Paradise Beach; will have to try Mr. Sanchos next. We'd go back to anyone of those again, but loved the pool at Paradise Beach the best. We don't care about the beach toys or drinking; just want a nice beach and pool to relax at.

We had exactly that experience, very relaxing day at a beautiful location

..and harmless, lol.

Some might suggest its not so harmless! lol

That is odd especially since you were in port later in Costa Maya than you were in Cozumel.

Very odd indeed, I brought this very thing up to the head waited in mdr and he had no good reasoning behind the decision. I feel as though they wanted less people at this dinner for some particular reason

Very odd indeed, I brought this very thing up to the head waited in mdr and he had no good reasoning behind the decision. I feel as though they wanted less people at this dinner for some particular reason

Maybe they were running low on the lobster.:eek:

Thanks, we are on the 6 day Allure cruise so I was trying to get a read on what night would be what but this has just left me confused. I think at this point I will just go with what I had booked and wait and see once on board.