Leaving Thursday, still haven't decided on beach...

aliciam

Like many others on this thread, I'm having a difficult time deciding where to go while in Barbados (leaving on my cruise this Thursday!).

Thought about Lobster Alive (figured Boatyard would be too crowded with two large ships in port), but many of the pictures I've seen from there have tons of boats anchored out in the water. Is that the typical view from Carlisle Bay? Doesn't seem like you have a very clear view out in the ocean.

We also thought about Tiki Bar on Accra Beach, but it's a little farther from port and we are only in port 7 - 3:30 that day.

Which would you choose? Is the ride to Accra not that much longer? To confuse matters even more, I just saw a menu from Boatyard, which looked great and reasonable. We want a wide, not-so-crowded beach with nice views of the ocean. I don't expect to be alone on the beach, but don't want to be overcrowded either. :)

Which do you recommend? TIA for your help!

Love love love The Boatyard!!! There were other ships in port with us and it wasn't crazy. Just don't believe the people trying to hustle you into their vans to other beaches. This was my view from their beach: e96522e3b4ae565a71eb20ba7fdca5ac.jpg

I would also highly recommend eating at lobster alive! Yum!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had a day in Barbados on our last cruise and went to Payne's Bay Beach in the morning. The cab ride was about 15 - 20 minutes and it's located north of Bridgetown, so in the opposite direction as Carlisle Bay (Boatyard beach) and Accra, which is a little further south of Carlisle Bay.

The beach stop/turtle swim/shipwreck snorkel was was part of our "island tour" the day we were there, but we specifically chose Payne's Bay because of pictures I'd seen in a review. There is someone there who takes people out to swim with turtles/shipwreck, but I don't know what the exact charge was since it was included in the cost of our tour that day.

Payne's Bay Beach was gorgeous, but since we had a large group with us on the turtle swim and shipwreck snorkel, we were out longer than planned and had to get ready to leave for the rest of our as soon as we got back, so we never had the 45 minutes of beach time we had hoped for. I was able to get a few pictures before we were picked up for the rest of our island tour though. All I know is that I want to go back there the next time for some quality beach time. Attaching a few pictures.

Coming back into the beach from the turtle swim:

100_0884-1.jpg

A few pictures I was able to get of the beach before we resumed our island tour:

IMG_9444-1.jpg

IMG_9452-1.jpg

IMG_9455-1.jpg

Edited by pghsteelerfan